• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hope for Pro Tools Users (RTAS)?

Share/Bookmark

Hope for Pro Tools Users (RTAS)?

I have been scanning various forums and am hearing that some of the newer NI products (RA and Colossus) are shipping with a new Kontakt that works with Pro Tools LE the same way it does with other applications.

Will we see an improved Kontakt player for GPO anytime soon?

Re: Hope for Pro Tools Users (RTAS)?

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    I have been scanning various forums and am hearing that some of the newer NI products (RA and Colossus) are shipping with a new Kontakt that works with Pro Tools LE the same way it does with other applications.

Will we see an improved Kontakt player for GPO anytime soon?
    Dubaifox,

There's more than hope. NI and Digidesign have been working together to provide improved performance with Pro Tools. We should see both an updated ProTools and and updated Kontakt Player soon.

Gary Garritan

Gary,
    It might be worth mentioning that the improved performance will only be for ProTools versions 6.7 and up. This is because from 6.7, the buffer size of plug-ins without live inputs (like the Kontakt player) are not restricted to 32 samples anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    East-West actually uses the Kompakt engine for these products, although of course it's all related to Kontakt technology.

Quote Originally Posted by spettigrew
    It might be worth mentioning that the improved performance will only be for ProTools versions 6.7 and up..
    Thanks for the feedback folks!

I am using 6.7 and I love it. The great new midi features makes it very, very usable. Now if I could just get GPO to rock when using it I'd be ALL set.

DIGI posted 6.9 (free update) for 6.7 users, you may want to check it out.

Peace

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by rikp
    DIGI posted 6.9 (free update) for 6.7 users, you may want to check it out.
    Yeah, just a little nervous about some threads I have read involving 6.9.

6.7 has a cs8 update that some people are saying is more stable.

Go Back to forum