• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar Users, Please help me!!

Share/Bookmark

Question Sonar Users, Please help me!!

Hi everyone,
    I've just rendered another piece to audio and had a strange thing happen. While everything was in MIDI form, it's fine. As soon as it renders, it pans way left. I don't know what happened. Any ideas? I'll post the link in case you need to listen in order to tell me what I did wrong.
    Thanks in advance for your help

http://home.comcast.net/~surech/Moviemaestro.html

Re: Sonar Users, Please help me!!

I've never had anything like that happen but I guess if it did the first thing I would look at would be the various options in the bounce to track(s) dialogue (stereo or mono output, to which track(s), etc.). I guess the next thing I would look at would be if the audio track somehow got panned hard left.

That's a start.

If that doesn't work I would need more specific information. Like which version of Sonar (I am only familiar with 3 and I assume there is lots of carry over to 4 but how much I don't know). And more details about what steps you took and how things are set up.

Chet

Hi Chet,

I use 4 PE. I guess that the reason why I'm so confused, is that I did everything exactly as I do every time. I even deleted the audio track that was rendered 3 times and kept trying over and over and it would still pan left. I checked each of the individual instruments, and they are how they're supposed to be. Like I said, in MIDI, it's fine. I don't know

thanks for your help

man I posted something and it didn't work..,. how is your panning law set up in Sonar? Audio/General/stereo Panning Law I am pretty sure that's where it is.

Hey when you guys say render do you mean your able to just export the whole project to a audio? like you don't even have to record tracks, you can Render the whole midi with GPO to audio? This is something I have no clue about. I always record the tracks to audio, then mix, then master.

I am using Sonar Producer 3 righ now.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

If this is a new situation (you said it happend even though you did the same thing as usual) then one possibility is that a file got replaced or changed that affected Sonar's functioning. Did you install anything else recently, hardware or software? Have any system settings been changed? If the answer to both of these is no, then it seems odd that Sonar would suddenly change it's behavior and either the program or windows may have developed a corrupt installation.

But if there is even a minor deviation from your normal workflow, then it is possible that you have a stuck fader or a mono link in the chain. Are you sure that every layer is stereo? Are each of the audio tracks that are supposed to be stereo in stereo mode instead of mono? Are there any strange fader settings on any of the buses/auxes?

MM,
    1. Are you current with the SONAR 4 PE patches? There was an envelope bug that was fixed in 4.0.1.
    2. What is showing in the "Source Busses/Tracks" list and "Channel Format" dropdown on the Bounce-to-Tracks dialog?
    3. Are you using envelopes on any tracks, particularly mute or volume?
    Bill

[QUOTE=moviemaestro]Hi everyone,
    I've just rendered another piece to audio and had a strange thing happen. While everything was in MIDI form, it's fine. As soon as it renders, it pans way left. I don't know what happened. Any ideas? I'll post the link in case you need to listen in order to tell me what I did wrong.
    Thanks in advance for your help

There is a parameter setting in track view that bit me for about 12 hours before I figured out that I inadvertently truned it on.

envelope offset

If its on , turn it off and take a look at your pan settings.
    Bosco Adama

Go Back to forum