• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garden State vibe

Share/Bookmark

Garden State vibe

Hi there,

Have a spec tune to write for an indie with this 'Garden State' vibe to it and will need (at least for preproduction) a good finger picking and strumming guitar library. I have Steinbergs Virtual Acoustic and Electric and while they are good - don't leave a lot of room of the beaten path (limited). I need more flexibility to write what I want and not be held by the patterns they have available in VG.

Does anyone have Real Guitar (Music lab)? Please comment. Any thing else new available?

Many thanks in advance.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Garden State vibe

No comments / feedback? For all the final tracking I'll be using real acoustic guitar but I need something that gets me 'close' for the Director to give approval on cues / songs.

Is there anything better than Realguitar?

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

That´s a very good question. I am very interested as well in a good sample library of acoustic guitars (I dont play guitar... )
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Smile Re: Garden State vibe

you might investigate Audio Warrior Acoustic Strummer Refill if you have Reason,

it is quite impressive.

You might check out Yellow Tools' Pure Guitars. It's got a pretty good assortment of instruments, finger and picked, nylon, steel, 12 string, etc... the chord samples are limited to major, minor, and dom 7th though.

Rob,

I have Real Guitar and its great - should work perfectly for what you need. Even works well with an amp sim thrown on it when in a pinch for some electric guitar. But the pure playability is just outstanding.

Buy direct from the developer though - much cheaper than any of the online shops and you can get an instant download (with CD-R in the mail for backup).
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Garden State was an excellent movie BTW for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thanks Alan,

Just sent you a PM. Just DL'd the demo. I think it is perfect for this film. I'll prolly still hire a real acoustic for the final tracking but this will help me compose and audtion (for Director the cues / songs) for approval.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum