• Register
  • Help

Topic: microphone channel

Share/Bookmark

microphone channel

Hello all,
    I am considering the upgrade to GS3 with a "RME FireFace 800" and want to know if a microphone input on the Fireface can be routed into GS3 and output,
    including FX and EQ via the main stereo outs of GS?.
    I am hoping someone can shed light on this before the purchase, as the Fireface appears to be just the ticket as a sound card and routing mixer, but is hellishly expensive.
    Thanks in advance
    Bryan H

Re: microphone channel

There is probably a more direct way of doing this but, GS is a sampler ....

Record your Mic into your DAW, export as a .wav, import into GS and Voila!!
    Your Mic is in GS for processing.
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

Bryan,

Yes. You can route a live input, like from a microphone, into GS3, and apply effects to it, including GigaPulse. I've done this with my M-Audio AP192. The main requirement is that the soundcard support GSIF-2.

BTW, it's really cool to run a live microphone or instrument through GigaPulse live. You get a deeper feel for the quality of the effect live than you do playing samples through it.

-JF

Yes. You can route a live input, like from a microphone, into GS3, and apply effects to it, including GigaPulse. I've done this with my M-Audio AP192. The main requirement is that the soundcard support GSIF-2.
    Thanks Jon,
    Thats basically it, the card is GSIF-2 and I wish to use the Mic along with instruments in a live situation. To take it further, that would mean being able to set up individual monitor mixes for the quartet.

Record your Mic into your DAW, export as a .wav, import into GS and Voila!!
    Thanks also to GTBannah,
    The method you describe I presume is for recording, and I should have commented before that it was for a live and continuos situation.

Bryan H

hv

I have a Tascam FW1884 which has a port count comparable to the RME Fireface and allows running different mic inputs to GigaPulse and feeding them to various output ports. The RME unit's drivers have superior internal routing capabilities, however, so unless you were looking to use GS3 for reverb or EQ, you might be able to set up the submixes right in the RME driver/patchbay. Their manuals are online if you want to take a look at them:

http://www.rme-audio.com/english/dow...fface800_e.pdf

Howard

Hi Howard,

so unless you were looking to use GS3 for reverb or EQ
    Yes, I do want to use GS3 for EQ and probably delay, so it is encouraging to know that the routing on Fireface gives me the option.
    I am assuming that Gigapulse has a chorus and delay option.
    Thanks
    Bryan H

Go Back to forum