• Register
  • Help

Topic: S-Converter for hard disks

Share/Bookmark

S-Converter for hard disks

In the past I made some AKAI samplings and I saved to hard disk (Iomega ZIp 100).
    Now I got the GS and I would really like to convert those sounds to GIGS. But the S-Convertor doesn\'t help me...it reads CD-ROMs only. I linked the ZIP to the computer (via SCSI) and tried to copy to the system disk (to be able to burn then a CD with those data). I didn\'t succede as the ZIP was in AKAI format, and not IBM.

Please help...Any idea?

Thanks.

mihmar

Re: S-Converter for hard disks

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Thank you, Endicott for your help. I succeded to make the disk image (*.ISO file) but the Adaptec Easy CD Creator program does NOT recognize it as an image! I even changed the extension to .CIF....still wrong!
    Could you please explain a little more about what exactly did you change (name or extension) before the WinOnCD was launched? I guess it should work with the Easy CD Creator as well!
    If not, I\'ll get and install the WinOnCD program.

Best regards,
    mihmar

right extension for win on CD is *.raw. Use the presettet CD mode (mode 1, 2048 blocks).

Don\'t you have a friend with a mac? Toast copies any harddisk onto CD. I always use that for making ASR-10 CD-roms. Isn\'t there a program for PC that does something like this?

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Thanks to all...It worked out!
    Now I am happy with my GS and AKAI samples!
    mihmar

Thanks for the info. We will pass the word on this technique. Reading from other formats may or may not be on the to do list for S-convert. I\'ll check. This will be a good workaround in the meantime.
    Dave

Go Back to forum