• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: EXULTATE! A real event...

Share/Bookmark

Red face EXULTATE! A real event...

It's a piece of my life, coming back to the real world, after being lost for a while.
    Exultate!

P.S. every imperfection is absolutely...voluntary.

Thumbs up Re: EXULTATE! A real event...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    It's a piece of my life, coming back to the real world, after being lost for a while.
    Exultate!

Fabio!!!
    How have you created this beautiful mix, but the Orchestra is GPO really?
    and the Choir?
    I need some explanations by you,
    It is simply amazing!!!!
    Tell me more, tell me more....
    I will wait your answer.
    Roberto

Re: EXULTATE! A real event...

Exultate!

Congratulations Fabio on a work of TRUE beauty.Such Clarity...Such Majesty.
    Tell me more about this piece,please.
    Regards

The aim:
    I recorded the real event with my camera, but the reverb and the dynamic distortion made the recording useless.

Now, using GPO and some original voice tracks, mixing noises and some original recording ambience, I recreate the soundtrack for the movie, to let people hear the piece in a realistic, but acceptable way.

The story:
    25 May 2002: my wedding.

I wrote the Finale of the mass, "Exultate!" mottetto for Soprano, chamber choir and chamber orchestra.

I'm particularly fond of this piece, because I closed inside, like in a diary, a summary of my previous artistic life (the music and the orchestration are a mix of C.Monteverdi, A.Vivaldi, J.S.Bach, G.F.Haendell, W.A.Mozart citations and style, with a good part for my two "instruments" the oboe and the choir; the text is a compositions of latin sentences, coming from different famous mottettos, but it makes sense as a true text, and it comments the happiness but also the amazement for the event, thanks giving God with the music)

Last but not least it is dedicated to my artistic partner, the Soprano Elena Bertuzzi, singing the Solo part, and to my love partner, my wife Paola.

But the harmony is not really baroque. Sometime modern dissonant notes cover with a melancholy voile the overall joy.
    It's a trace of the weight of hard decisions, like start a new life with a new work, a new town, and the marriage.

Smile Re: EXULTATE! A real event...

bhè Fabio,
    davvero congratulazioni!!!!
    ops.....
    Congratulations
    I feel ashamed very much for sending you some of my rubbish.
    your music is simply fantastic.
    It seems to hear Bach or Mozart played.
    Just fantastic.
    Oh my God, I would like to have your musical culture, and write piece beautiful like that you have posted here.
    It is always thrue, when a piece comes from inside, from a life experience it is totally different.
    Fabio I will never disturb you with my attempt to write classic music.
    Great composition and "rearrangement".
    All the best Maestro,
    Roberto

Absolutely outstanding.

Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    bhè Fabio,
    davvero congratulazioni!!!!
    ops.....
    Congratulations
    I feel ashamed very much for sending you some of my rubbish.
    your music is simply fantastic.
    It seems to hear Bach or Mozart played.
    Just fantastic.
    Oh my God, I would like to have your musical culture, and write piece beautiful like that you have posted here.
    It is always thrue, when a piece comes from inside, from a life experience it is totally different.
    Fabio I will never disturb you with my attempt to write classic music.
    Great composition and "rearrangement".
    All the best Maestro,
    Roberto
    People must know that Roberto writes some very complex music, in the style of big masterpieces of his favorite composer J.S.Bach.

He has not academic training, then his work is very hard, and sometime containing errors.

BUT: he has an incredible musical sensibility, and his music is so good, that I'm offering my little contribution to teach a little of harmony and counterpoint to Roberto, thanks to our common language.

ROBERTO: you are a potential excellent composer, even in classic style, just be relaxed, and go on step by step. You will never produce rubbish, and never disturb me.

Red face Re: EXULTATE! A real event...

People must know that Roberto writes some very complex music, in the style of big masterpieces of his favorite composer J.S.Bach.

He has not academic training, then his work is very hard, and sometime containing errors.

BUT: he has an incredible musical sensibility, and his music is so good, that I'm offering my little contribution to teach a little of harmony and counterpoint to Roberto, thanks to our common language.

ROBERTO: you are a potential excellent composer, even in classic style, just be relaxed, and go on step by step. You will never produce rubbish, and never disturb me.
    Oh Fabio,
    you are a really kind person,
    and asap I will try to repay you for what you have already done: your jewellery comments!!
    However your piece is something I will dream for all my life!!!
    Semplicemente fantastico. (simply fantastic)
    Roberto

Smile Re: EXULTATE! A real event...

Thanks roberto, the next will be your own.

Thumbs up Re: EXULTATE! A real event...

Hi Fabio,

the harmonic language reminds me somewhat of J.C.Bach Magnificat. But this is great piece of work and very stylistic in form. However, I find it rather on the short side and tell you the truth I wanted more!

Also it would have been nice touch to end on fugue.

But again, very good!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast