• Register
  • Help

Topic: Solitude - Evocative Piano

Share/Bookmark

Solitude - Evocative Piano

Hello Everyone. I'm still getting to grips with GPO. It's amazing.

I would be really grateful for your feedback and comments on this piece.
    particularly around it's originality and sound quality (not sure about the middle bit when the strings come in).

Problem is, when you've played the song you are writing so many times, you don't know if you have heard it somewhere else !!

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showband.asp?id=6373

Best regards - some fab stuff up here.

Mike.

Thumbs up Re: Solitude - Evocative Piano

Quote Originally Posted by Mykyndryd
    Hello Everyone. I'm still getting to grips with GPO. It's amazing.

I would be really grateful for your feedback and comments on this piece.
    particularly around it's originality and sound quality (not sure about the middle bit when the strings come in).

Problem is, when you've played the song you are writing so many times, you don't know if you have heard it somewhere else !!

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showband.asp?id=6373

Best regards - some fab stuff up here.

Mike.
    Mike, very nice song you have there. It would be nice if it would modulate in other keys etc. so we would hear more contrast in the piece. Maybe use little more dissonant chords etc.

But it was enjoyble to listen to it and it flowed quite nicely!

Good job!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: Solitude - Evocative Piano

Quote Originally Posted by Mykyndryd
    I would be really grateful for your feedback and comments on this piece. particularly around it's originality and sound quality (not sure about the middle bit when the strings come in).
    Mike, really good Job,
    It seems to hear something that remind me to a Journey in to the country, in the middle of the summer.
    There is much originality in your piece and the sound quality is quite good, what I would do is to add some 'verb and a little modulation in the left hand of the piano.
    It seems to go a little bit too "mechanically" (just my feeling).

Quote Originally Posted by Problem is
    Problem is, when you've played the song you are writing so many times, you don't know if you have heard it somewhere else!!.
    It is the same thing I feel when I try to write a piece. Unfortunately (or fortunately) a lot of music has been already wrote and played, but you can choose at what kind of musicians or music you can inspire, and from here developing your own "music" with your own style.
    However your music has is proper style and until now it doesn't remind me to other pieces already listened.

Keep on writing, this work is very good.
    Best of luck,
    Roberto

Re: Solitude - Evocative Piano

Hi Falcon and Roberto. Thanks very much for your comments really appreciate them.

Best regards.
    Mike.

Re: Solitude - Evocative Piano

You've got some great melodies here! I enjoyed it. As has been said, I think it might sound a wee bit better with just a little reverb and perhaps more modulation editing in the violin and the oboe (or english horn?)
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum