• Register
  • Help

Topic: Unexplained GigaStudio feature

Share/Bookmark

Unexplained GigaStudio feature

The QuickSound Result window has three columns called "Status", "Group Flag" and "Usage" which are either not explained in the manual (Status) or in a way that I don't understand them. Has anyone a clear understanding what they mean and can explain them?

Thanks

Re: Unexplained GigaStudio feature

top of p. 45 in your manual.

Enjoy!
    Belbin

I know, I was reading that page and had the question because it don't quite understand it:

"Status": that columns is actually NOT explained in the manual

"Group Flag": DIsplays a defined group for the instrument. OK but what does it mean, what IS a "defined group"

"Usage" The number part I get (how many times a instrument was loaded, but what's with the percentage and the red bar. I load instruments and the percentage and bar ar changing, but I can't make sense out of it. 100% of what?

Belbin, can you answer the question or anybody else?

Thank you

Sorry, I didn't actually read the passage...just found it and sent it along.

I've now done so and found no more than you have. I'm think that the percentage in "usage" indicates the number of times the file has been loaded out of the last x number of times the program was initialized since the QS database was last built (notice if you rebuild it that the usage bars all go to zero). Please correct if you find this to be wrong. Group flag may be determined by what's written in the file info in GS edit. Status....beats the bejesus outta me. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help....and so soon after posting a reply in defense of Tascam's documentation.

Please post if you find any answers. Very curious. And don't bother checking the electronic help....it's the hard copy manual verbatim.

Beblin

Don't come here very often anymore, since selective forum censorship has become rampant -- but the "usage" field indicates how much out of a particular .gig file is presently loaded into memory. Not sure about the other two fields, but they may have to do with layering.

[edit]
    oops -- checked my answer, and even usage is not so clear -- re-loading an already loaded instrument increments the 'usage' field!
    [/edit]

Go Back to forum