• Register
  • Help

Topic: Enya, does she use real instruments or synths?

Share/Bookmark

Question Enya, does she use real instruments or synths?

Hey all i was wondering does enya use real instruments or all synths on her music? And if any of you are familar with her music the song "boadicea" that into is that sound in atmosphere? And do you think her music would sound better if she used synths (if she is already using real instruments) and vice versa?

Re: Enya, does she use real instruments or synths?

Historically she usually uses synths. Personally however I thought she did better with the full orchestra complement like in her collaboration with Howard Shore on "The Council of Elrond" and "May It Be" (Fellowship of the Ring).

I think she was big on the Kurzweil, amongst other things. I'd have to agree with Frederick, that it I like here with 'real instruments'.

Well, maybe she'll at least get herself some better libraries... would be cool to hear her do some stuff with some of the newer, bigger orchestral libraries.

Just a warning: in certain circles, calling synths not real is almost as dangerous as saying "stereo miking techniques" in front of a bunch of classical audio engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Just a warning: in certain circles, calling synths not real is almost as dangerous as saying "stereo miking techniques" in front of a bunch of classical audio engineers.
    I always was raised to call them electro-acoustic instruments, or just non-acoustic, because to play the keyboard requires certain skills, and not every classical pianist can play the keyboard. It requires its own skills, and you have to know your keyboard up and down. Some colleges have been adding a keyboard degree in performance

Sean Beeson

Go Back to forum