• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stereo WAV file question

Share/Bookmark

Stereo WAV file question

I want to import a stereo WAV file into an arrangement which has 6 MIDI tracks. I have created a new audio track, but the MONO button is dark, so I can't change it to Stereo, therefore I can only import mono WAV. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? Would appreciate help here.

Re: Stereo WAV file question

Hi Eugene, you did not indicate what sequencer, or DAW you are using.
    Open a stereo track, or perhaps there is an "import audio" feature that will allow you to import audio from a specified source/location.
    I use Digital Performer and am not familiar with any of the other software to help you further. Look in the manual if you have one under things like, stereo audio track, import audio, convert mono to stereo, things like that.

dpDan

Sorry DPDAN, forget to mention that I am using Cubasis VST 4.0 which came with GPO. I will check the manual, thanks for reply.

OK, problem solved; pouring through manual provided the answer; strangely, selecting an unevenly numbered track only allows a mono wav to be imported, whereas for stereo an even track number is required, because two adjacent mixer channels are allocated to a stereo WAV.
    Am learning a little each day!

That's cool!
    Manuals sometimes are not used because the user thinks, it must be something wrong with my "system", and the answer is not likely going to be in the manual, so why waste the time.

It's always faster to check the manual first, but it truly is nice to have this forum to get answers, at least some grief sharing when the problem can't be solved quickly.
    Good for you Eugene!
    dpDan

Go Back to forum