• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 1.5.3 Start Time bug - Be careful

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down Kontakt 1.5.3 Start Time bug - Be careful

I was programming some legato patches yesterday that had edited start times controllable with a midi CC . Everything was perfect... i save my project in Sonar , re-open it later........... All start time programming GONE ! Hours of work flushed down the toilet.

So i realised that there is a bug in Kontakt that won't let you save any Start Time thing linked to either midi CC, Aftertouch , poly aftertouch , velocity etc . They just dissapear when you reload your patch and even though the Mod button is present, it cannot be pressed . I double verified this using the standalone version as well .

Just a heads up to avoid you trouble.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Re: Kontakt 1.5.3 Start Time bug - Be careful

Are you on mac or pc?
    I don´t have this problem on a mac.

Another method to do that is this:
    Copy all the samples to a new keygroup. In the sample editor cut off the attack of each sample,
    Do that several times if you want the modwheel to control different attacks
    In the group start option set each keygroup to a different modwheelamount to start.
    For example kg1 start at mw 1-12, kg2 start at mw 13-24, ...

This way you can control the attack much better, because every sample can have a different startingpoint.

Chris Hein

hmm I can't remember if I ever ran into that...anywayz upgrade to Kontakt2 becasue K2 is amazing!!!!!!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

sorry to sound maybe a little pertly, but the best thing to try something new is just to try it on one track or one command, not just spend hours of work and even don't know about if it's really work

... but the same thing here, get K2, i did see it in action and it's just awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waywyn
    sorry to sound maybe a little pertly, but the best thing to try something new is just to try it on one track or one command, not just spend hours of work and even don't know about if it's really work

... but the same thing here, get K2, i did see it in action and it's just awesome!!
    I could never foresee such a problem coming , everything in Kontakt has worked perfect until now. Also , it's one of the things you don't realise that fast ( gotta open the patch again )

K2 , K2 , getting it as soon as fresh cash comes in
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum