• Register
  • Help

Topic: instruments volume

Share/Bookmark

instruments volume

so I understand that in the dry folder the instruments have a range of volume that doesnt reach silence, when you put modulation data to the minimum even then you dont reach silence, whereas the instruments in the x-custom folder can reach silence because you set the range with the slider in the kontakt player and u can decide to have a range that reaches silence in one of the ends

thats what I wanted, to be able to get to total silence in the range of the strings,etc - however Im using the dry folder instruments because I decided to stick to them as I didnt need the brightness control etc,
    anyway the question is, is there any way of making the dry folder instruments have a range also that goes from silence to full? maybe changing the general volume in the kontakt player? but that would also affect the other end of the range I guess

thanks for any help
    Jav

Re: instruments volume

Actual instruments when played, no matter how softly, will never reach total silence either. That is another example of how realistic these instruments are Sorry, couldn't resist!

You could use Controller 7, the traditional MIDI controller for volume, then draw an evelope that goes to down to 0. But you'll need to tell the GPO VST to recognise CC7 & 10 in the options area first.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

thank u for all the info yes I also thought that its true real instruments dont really reach ever silence so of course u are right that GPO is also realistic in that as well, oh well, its all good then
    thanks
    Jav

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaFlyer
    You could use Controller 7, the traditional MIDI controller for volume, then draw an evelope that goes to down to 0. But you'll need to tell the GPO VST to recognise CC7 & 10 in the options area first.

Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    anyway the question is, is there any way of making the dry folder instruments have a range also that goes from silence to full?
    Another way is to load the dry instruments into the full version of Kontakt and move the cc1 volume slider in the amplifier module to the 100% position. That will give you a range from silence to full volume. Save the changes.

Tom

Go Back to forum