• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ya know what I miss?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Ya know what I miss?

HBO's "Carnivale." My favorite character was Samson the manager. I would watch just to hear him curse, "gowddaymit hawkins!" or "daymit Jonesy." Crack me up every time!
    Oh well, back to recording another Twister track. Hey ya know, getting just the right velocity sound out of the wind machine for the show is gowddaymit twicky!
    Styxx

Re: Ya know what I miss?

Wow! Someone else actually watches Carnivale?? I loved every minute of this season!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

I miss the way the Disney Channel use to be back in the early 90's . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I miss all of those old Nickelodeon shows like Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Rocko's Modern Life..... the list goes on and on. Ahhh, those were some fun times...
    Tim

Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy...

Them were the days. Now I watch Futurama and Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I miss the way the Disney Channel use to be back in the early 90's . . .
    Remeber Goof Troop? I used to love that show... Oh, the memories...
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    Remeber Goof Troop? I used to love that show... Oh, the memories...
    Yep . . . and there was Duck Tales, DarkWing Duck, Tale Spin, and the Gummy Bears . . . and the live action Alice in Wonderland . . . which we use to watch before we went to school, and loved snow days in which we could actually see the whole show . . . ah . . .

I used to watch all those old Nickelodean shows too . . . remember the very old "You Can't Do That On Television" ?

As for Rocko's Modern Life, at least the voice of Heffer went on to do a much more important voice, who lives in pineapple under the sea . . .

And whatever happened to the Animaniacs? After the Tiny Toons . . . origin of Pinky and the Brain, which went on to get their own show, and I still think they deserve a movie!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

BTW, Spongebob has been going well since 1999 . . . 20 New Episodes Ordered For 2005. New episodes start in May! (btw again, when Spongebob first started, I thought it looked so stupid, and the theme song was so very annoying, but somehow I came to laugh at it )

Although Doug and Rugrats ran for a long time, and I couldn't stand either one . . .

And the Simpsons started in 1989 and is planned to go on to at least 2010!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

"I am the terror that quacks in the NIGHT!!!!!" Awesome!

I'll tell you what I really miss. I miss the animated DC comics shows. Batman, Superman, Batman Beyond! Them there be real TV shows, usually with amazing music too!

At least I now have the Justice League, Teen Titans and THE Batman!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

I have to admit, I do like Teen Titans. And all those old shows Sean mentioned from Disney, I used to watch them everyday after school. Good times. When are they releasing the DVD box sets? I mean, I'd buy them. And remember Fragle Rock? I would watch that show every morning. And I still love the theme song to it.... "Dance your cares away, worries for another day. Let the music play, down at Fragle Rock." Good times...
    Tim

Go Back to forum