• Register
  • Help

Topic: *New* demotrack 'Zombie Zone' featuring 'J-Celeste' and 'Monzter Guitars'

Share/Bookmark

*New* demotrack 'Zombie Zone' featuring 'J-Celeste' and 'Monzter Guitars'

Hi there,

Precisionsound has released a new sample library called 'J-Celeste ' which I've used to compose a cinematic, mysterious and moving track called 'Zombie Zone'.

http://www.store.precisionsound.net/celesteinfo.php

http://www.samplesets.scorpionshops....ombie_zone.mp3

You know the Celeste best from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite (Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy). I started with some pretty inconvenient ideas. Basically the Celeste is a more subtle orchestral (percussion) instrument which I wanted to put in a more futuristic and modern light.

'Zombie Zone' is described as 'Inspirited by "Tchaikovsky", "Resident Evil" and "Papa Roach"' so maybe you want to make your mind on your own.

Hope you enjoy.
    Take care,

Boris
    www.toxeen.com | music composition & sound design

Re: *New* demotrack 'Zombie Zone' featuring 'J-Celeste' and 'Monzter Guitars'

I really like your music, Boris.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Cool piece....! I think you did a god job of making the celeste' sound modern and hip....

What else did you use on this? Just curious....

I'll put it in my save file for composer's music I like.

KID

Abso bloody lutely rocks!

Love the intro, build and first break out especially

Too cool for school.

Love the mix please describe how you do what you do.

Jose

cool piece.

-T

thank you all for you kind words.

@kid-surf

There are
    - stormdrum for the drum patterns and percussion elements.
    - stylus breakbeats and fx
    - synth arpeggios, layers and pads from vanguard, pro53, atmosphere and v-station.
    - colossus stormdrones
    - lots of plugs and filters

@ josejherring

I simply sit down, drinking a warm cappuccino. Then I start playing and developing a melody on the keys. Generally there is a specific atmosphere and scenario I make my mind about. In this case I imagined a group of zombies, passing an old graveyard without to forget to have the J-Celeste still playing in the foreground. Get yourself right in there, breath and feel your surroundings and try to express your impressions.

take care,

Boris
    www.toxeen.com | music composition & sound design

Yes, I enjoyed that, too -- groovey and creepy at the same time.

Good luck,
    Markus.

Go Back to forum