• Register
  • Help

Topic: M-Audio and GSIF2

Share/Bookmark

M-Audio and GSIF2

Does anyone have any experience with M-Audio midi controllers?

I'm looking at buying the Keystation 61es, but I've just noticed the Ozonic is GSIF2 compatible. My plan is to records midi tracks in PTLE (6.4/001) and send these tracks out to my Gigastudio 3 computer, which plays the tracks and records (as many as possible) back into PTLE. Then edit what I need to edit and still have up to 16 midi tracks playing (on Aux tracks) for the final mixdown.

My question is this - is there an advantage to getting a keyboard that is GSIF2 compatible in this setup? Even if you don't know about this, please share your experiences with M-Audio gear. Thanks guys.

Re: M-Audio and GSIF2

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGalindo
    Does anyone have any experience with M-Audio midi controllers?

My question is this - is there an advantage to getting a keyboard that is GSIF2 compatible in this setup? Even if you don't know about this, please share your experiences with M-Audio gear. Thanks guys.
    I use both a M-Audio h/w interface (Delta66) and a M-Audio Radium keyboard with GS3. Both work great. GSIF2 via Delta 66 is rock solid, and the midi via USB on the Radium is also solid.

To answer your question, there is no such thing as a GSIF2 driver for a keyboard. The GSIF2 is for the audio and midi subsystem (i.e. kernal level driver), but not the midi interface with the keyboard.

The GSIF2 on the Ozonic refers to the kernal level audio/midi, not the midi over USB functionality of the actual keyboard.

Thanks Bennett,
    I kind of understand what GSIF2 is and does, but the reference in the Ozonic threw me off. Now things are making sense again. Thanks for the info on the midi via USB, because that's how I plan to use it for the time being. Hopefully I'll be tapping away on M-Audio keys of my own in the near future.

Glad to be of help.

I've always had good results with M-Audio gear, I think you will too. No I don't work for them

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    Glad to be of help.

I've always had good results with M-Audio gear, I think you will too. No I don't work for them
    Yup. Ditto.

Has anyone tried using the Ozonic as an interface with GS3 yet? It's been awhile since this thread started, so I thought I'd ask again. I'm considering buying one. It should work, since it's GSIF2 compatible, but you never know for sure until you try it. Thanks.

I work with GS3 & Ozonic since it is on the market.
    Both work great together,

:-) Jovan

Go Back to forum