• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: J.S.Bach PRELUDE in A moll

Share/Bookmark

Smile J.S.Bach PRELUDE in A moll

The great Organ Prelude, one of my favorites.

Just a trial for articulation reproduction on GPO Organ. I can't find the better ambience, suggestions are wellcome.

http://www.webalice.it/gpoacademy/fi...20A%20moll.mp3

Re: J.S.Bach PRELUDE in A moll

Once again, a fine, fine performance, Fabio!

The ambience to me seems very good. If anything, I might perhaps make it slightly "darker", but not too much.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Smile Re: J.S.Bach PRELUDE in A moll

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Once again, a fine, fine performance, Fabio!

The ambience to me seems very good. If anything, I might perhaps make it slightly "darker", but not too much.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    ...ok, I will refine the ambience when I'll add the fugue.

Thumbs up Re: J.S.Bach PRELUDE in A moll

Just a fine work Fabio!!!!
    Only if you did it go a little more slowly I could say:
    Oh My GOD it seems to hear HELMUT WALCHA!!!!!!
    Personally, I would add a little bit of 'verb. (I don't want to teach you anything, you are the Maestro)!!!
    Congratulations for the piece, you know I love BACH!
    Great work!
    Best, ROberto

P.S. One of Bach Prelude and Fugue is still in progress at my home!!!

I was listening to your work at the school but was interrupted in the middle. So, now I shall comment on your work....wonderful!
    Styxx

Thanks for appreciation, for all Bach's enthusiasts, fugue coming soon.

I will do some experiment with ambience.

Hi Fabio, nice try on the a-min preludium. I would maybe check the tempo because you seem to be in hurry to finish it.

Anyway, I thought I should do my version of this preludium because I love it too - specially the fugue!

So here's my version

Enjoy!

Btw. I often choice to register the preludium strong but the fugue with few bright stops.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Hi Fabio, nice try on the a-min preludium. I would maybe check the tempo because you seem to be in hurry to finish it.

Anyway, I thought I should do my version of this preludium because I love it too - specially the fugue!

So here's my version

Enjoy!

Btw. I often choice to register the preludium strong but the fugue with few bright stops.
    Yes, you are right.
    1st) it's a draft. Better complete release coming soon.
    2nd) it's a voluntary trick. To play so clean but so fast a real barock organ is of course nearly impossible. As I did in my Brandeburg concerto, I try a realistic, but challenging performance, that follow the "energy" I feel hidden inside the music, and I make an Ideal rendering, to go where existing live recordings can't go...maybe it's not totally correct, but i like to experiment:

This is a reproduction of the performance a friend of mine did of the Busoni Piano transcription, using the lighter and faster articulations of the pianoforte to make it a different "unreal" piece. I was wondering: if the organ can play so fast and free, what happens?
    This is the answer. People can like or not, it's depending also from the favorite recording you heard a lot of time...

About recording: your version is very nice and realistic. Are you playing it? Is an Organist performing? Let me know...

Yes, fugue must use lighter and well defined stops. I'm doing so in fugue rendition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Yes, you are right.
    1st) it's a draft. Better compleate release coming soon.
    I listened with the understanding, of course, that this was a "draft" -- getting ready.

Certainly, Fabio will work more on interpretation; he is known for doing a fine job of this.

What attracted me most to this early version, though, was the brightness and excellent musical clarity. Too often, this piece is done in a muddy, slushy, Romantic style -- a great disservice to Herr Bach, and surely not his intention, I think.

I hope Fabio retains this clarity in the finished version.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Yes, you are right.
    1st) it's a draft. Better complete release coming soon.
    2nd) it's a voluntary trick. To play so clean but so fast a real barock organ is of course nearly impossible. As I did in my Brandeburg concerto, I try a realistic, but challenging performance, that follow the "energy" I feel hidden inside the music, and I make an Ideal rendering, to go where existing live recordings can't go...maybe it's not totally correct, but i like to experiment:

This is a reproduction of the performance a friend of mine did of the Busoni Piano transcription, using the lighter and faster articulations of the pianoforte to make it a different "unreal" piece. I was wondering: if the organ can play so fast and free, what happens?
    This is the answer. People can like or not, it's depending also from the favorite recording you heard a lot of time...

About recording: your version is very nice and realistic. Are you playing it? Is an Organist performing? Let me know...

Yes, fugue must use lighter and well defined stops. I'm doing so in fugue rendition.
    Ok, looking forward to your final version. Btw. your registration was good.

Yes, I played this with my keyboard - and as you probably know I'm an organist.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast