• Register
  • Help

Topic: ...I want to be a part of it: New York, New York!

Share/Bookmark

...I want to be a part of it: New York, New York!

This morning I left Frankurt and flew to New York. I cannot believe the two weeks in Europe went so quickly. Gil from Carrilon Audio Systems was on the same flight so we had a chance to talk. Also I sat next to a person from a cell-phone company who licenses ringtones and told me all about the world of ringtones. He said the ringtones are a 10 billion$ a year industry and currently larger than iPod. Of course my mind detoured to a crazy notion of GPO imbedded in cellphones

Many great memories of Europe: Hearing the winning works live performed by the Moravian Philharmonic was a great experience. The time I spent with Andy was fantastic. Andy is a remarkable professional and amazing person. The concert could not have been pulled off without him. Petr Pololanik was such a gracious host and a marvelous conductor. Seeing the various music cities, concert halls and orchestras with Petr was incredible. I have some great ideas for next year's concert.

Musikmesse was very successful. It was wonderful to meet fabio, avalongalaxy, mattias, Jens, Roman, and other forum members. And it was a pleasure to spend much time with Stefano, Gianni, Giorgio and Jeff.
    The Solo Stradivari seemed to be one of the buzzes of the show and the Jazz & Big Band library was well received. The MIPA nomination and the Tools4Music Award were nice surprises. We forged some important agreements at Musikmesse and expect to see some announcements in the months ahead.

It was good to keep in touch with the GPO communityand did my best from Internet cafes and hotels. It was like you were on the journey with me.
    I enjoyed visiting the GPO chat from Europe and writing to many of you by PM and the forum.

Now I am in New York. So wonderful to be back here again. New York will always be home to me. Today I saw Andy in midtown. We went over to Julliard and spent some time with Dr. Samuel Adler and perhaps Andy can tell you about our visit.

I'm still on European time and it's time to crash. Tomorrow will be an exciting day.

More soon.

Gary Garritan

Re: ...I want to be a part of it: New York, New York!

Glad you got back to the states safe Gary! That is some great news!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    This morning I left Frankurt and flew to New York. I cannot believe the two weeks in Europe went so quickly.
    That's because you were so busy!

Also I sat next to a person from a cell-phone company who licenses ringtones and told me all about the world of ringtones. He said the ringtones are a 10 billion$ a year industry and currently larger than iPod. Of course my mind detoured to a crazy notion of GPO imbedded in cellphones
    GPR? Garritan Personal Ringtones? Seriously, though, I have no idea how people can pay money for ringtones . . . But if you're the one making the money, go for it!

Now I am in New York. So wonderful to be back here again. New York will always be home to me. Today I saw Andy in midtown. We went over to Julliard and spent some time with Dr. Samuel Adler and perhaps Andy can tell you about our visit.
    Now that sounds like fun! Lucky!

Thanks for the update
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Glad to have you back in the good ol' USA. I can't wait to hear about the Real Space project (its looking like this is what I've dreamed it would be) and to finally hear some Jazz/Big Band demos soon.

Right in me own back yard ... hmm, about a few hours by jumpjet. Happy to hear you arrived safely in NYC and still having interesting encounters!
    You know who started the ring tone business don't you? I'll give you a hint, "One ringy ding. Two ringy dingy, snort snort snort.
    Styxx

Smile Re: ...I want to be a part of it: New York, New York!

Nice to have you back Gary!

I know that it has been a long and exhausting (but mostly rewarding) trip. Congratulations on the new announcements, the concert, and all your successes. Listening to the live broadcast was a truly remarkable event.

I’ve been MIA for a little while since I threw my back out, so I have been reading more than posting. All is well here…but we sure miss you when you leave .

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

I'd say stop by and say hello, but right now I'm too busy working on GPO to socialize...I'm right across from the Empire State Building...in fact, it's right out my window!

Have a nice stay!

Go Back to forum