• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sustain, please

Share/Bookmark

Sustain, please

I've created an instrument from the Composer's Choice demo. I've loaded it int GS3 Orchestra. I've opened Sonar, and slaved GS to it. All nice and rewire-like, y'know?

Then what happens? The violin has some of its notes cut off early. Durations are right, ployphony in GS is cool, other instruments are playing back fine. No program changes, no pedals. Even unloaded my plugins from both programs. The notes only cut off when the file is played from the beginning, and it happens to the same notes every time, so I don't think it's a system resouce thing. I'm also not making much demand on my machine, so what's goin' on?
    Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know what might be causing it??
    Deadline in 2 days. Help!!!

Belbin

ps. I've already found these "skips" to happen during playback of dense arrangements with lots of audio and plugins, but it usually doesn't render into the rewire mixdown or export audio, performed from sonars edit/file menus. But this time it is....

Re: Sustain, please

Are you positive it's not a system resource thing?
    That's what it sounds like to me, but I'm not all that experienced with this sorta stuff.

-Chris

Re: Sustain, please

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Are you positive it's not a system resource thing?
    That's what it sounds like to me, but I'm not all that experienced with this sorta stuff.

-Chris
    Well, in the end it all comes down to me running a celeron processor. for shame! I had to export the specific samples to wav's from GS Edit and import them into sonar! It's just real funny, cuz so far I've asked for more and got it.
    now I ask a little, and this.!! Sad, indeed. New box shows up soon. Then I can post my specs, and life gets a little easier. I just hope it doesn't arrive before my project is done, or I'll go nuts, cuz I can't use it.

I guess I shouldn't expect life to get any easier, though.

Belbin

Go Back to forum