• Register
  • Help

Topic: All Quiet on the Big Band Front?

Share/Bookmark

All Quiet on the Big Band Front?

Haven't heard a word in weeks - with all the other new projects, how close are we (are we still on target for your in-housed release date?) Don't need to know the date (tho' we'd all like to know) but is it still smoothly rolling toward the magic day?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Red face Re: All Quiet on the Big Band Front?

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Haven't heard a word in weeks - with all the other new projects, how close are we (are we still on target for your in-housed release date?) Don't need to know the date (tho' we'd all like to know) but is it still smoothly rolling toward the magic day?
    I check in often looking for updates on the situation. At least we could get a demo of one of the finished instruments (?) !

Mike

Re: All Quiet on the Big Band Front?

Pretend that nothing is coming, then be surprised when it actually arrives (whenever that may be). Demos will be provided when they actually have some bearing on a potential purchasing decision (like when there is an actual product to buy). Until then, all is quiet. Be happy that Gary has given glimpses at trade shows - if it had been up to me I wouldn't have revealed anything of its existence until the product was ready to ship. That way, there would be no questions. And I wouldn't have to say: "Sorry, I'm not talking."

Tom

P.S. You may infer nothing about release timing from the above. It's a nice sunny day with a chance of showers here, how is it where you are?

I just re-read this and I think the tone could be misinterpreted. I'll add one thing:

Now Tom,

How can people act like nothing? You are quite the tease Tom It's a mild form of cruelty for these fine folks to endure having to wait to hear some demos.

Talking Re: All Quiet on the Big Band Front?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Now Tom,

How can people act like nothing? You are quite the tease Tom It's a mild form of cruelty for these fine folks to endure having to wait to hear some demos.
    Are you kidding? We eat this schighst right up! Nothing like the building excitement and anticipation of the coming of a new Garritan innovation! So our nerves are shot who cares!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Pretend that nothing is coming, then be surprised when it actually arrives (whenever that may be). Demos will be provided when they actually have some bearing on a potential purchasing decision (like when there is an actual product to buy).
    You mean I could have bought the Solo Strad months ago?!
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Looks like June for the solo strad...now, let's extrapolate that a little bit. I remember a while back that the solo strad would be released in the first quarter, and GPO Advanced and Big Band being released in 2nd quarter.

So, going by that...add 3 months from the end of the quarter that they mentioned. So if they said 1st quarter, simply take that to the END of the 2nd quarter.

So, Big Band and Jazz and GPO-Advanced will probably be in September. That's the END of the 3rd quarter. That's like almost 6 months away, aarrrggh Pretty cruel if you ask me

If I remember correctly I stated previously that you would have to be prepared to wait for the product to come out and that there WILL be a delay because the product needs to be polished and instruments added all the time...

Put it this way, I don't expect the Big Band and Jazz and GPO Advanced to be out until 2nd quarter next year. That's right...2nd quarter NEXT year.

...Good thing about this is that it allows my credit card to take a rest before taking another beating.

I am going to be the be-bop superhero!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum