• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: What is the best piano?

Share/Bookmark

What is the best piano?

I'm looking for a good piano for playing with gigastudio. I want it to have very responsive to velocity. And i'm not interested in any included ambience recordings whatsoever!
    So i'm looking for dry recordings.

Can anybody advice me where to look for.

The kind of music i make is pop/rock/dance oriented.

The piano that came with GS is not the type i like. Also i have the old giga piano which sounds very metallic.

Any advice is welcome,

Thanks in advance Resident.

Re: What is the best piano?

The best I have heard is the White Grand www.sampletekk.com

I have not used Giga, but my understanding is that it was originally developed in this format. I believe it has Dry and Ambient samples, very impressive though, check it out.

Take care,

It would not hurt to use the "search" function in this forum. Lots of opinions have been expressed...very worth while.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    It would not hurt to use the "search" function in this forum. Lots of opinions have been expressed...very worth while.

Ed
    It would not hurt to search this forum! Yes you are right never heard of the white grand and sampletekk. Only heard of PMI piano's. Graet that there are other companies too! I will try sampletekk thanks.

Any other recommendations?

What about Bigga Gigga's Estonia grand piano?

The Estonia is actually a PMI piano. And it's been recently "souped-up". (PMI is Postmusical Instruments). Check out the demos. It just might work. Maybe.

I would also check out the demos for Vintaudio's Yamaha C7 and, as already mentioned, the White Grand.

I think for the kind of music you're looking do with it that either of the above WG or Vintaudio would be a good choice. My first choice would be the White Grand, followed very closely by Vintaudio's C7.

Maybe check out SampleTekk/Worra's Studio88 (if that's still available). I have not heard much about it these days.

Thanks all for the recommendations! And also i will try vintaudio.
    I came only on PMI but for sure there are more great companies, since i'm not really staisfied with the sound of PMI (too realistic sound).
    There must be a convincing piano sound which does not want too imitate the real sound of the original. But instead can deal with the limitations of digital processing.

Thanks all again for the help!

Have you listened to the demos here?:

http://bardstownaudio.com/frames/mp3.html

The Bardstown Imperial Grand Borsendorfer handles all of your genres and does come in the Giga 24bit format among all others.
    I like the fact that Kip McGinnis has spent a solid years work in assembling this precious keyboard for the Virutal community. His efforts are so evident in what this piano has to offer.
    As a pop arranger and Jazz musician, this keyboard continues to bring me joy and inspiration. It's the kind of piano you can't put down even when you've spent countless hours doing takes and scoring parts.
    It's best advised to listen to all other sampled pianos and make a decision.
    This is what I did when I first got involved with midi.
    The piano I chose ended a long search for me. The customer support for this piano and Kip's library of samples are extraordinary. He's stand 24/7 behind everything he sells.

hope to see you make a great choice!

Please let us know how you made out.

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

I have to chime in and second the vote for White Grand. It's truly a great sounding piano. Especially for pop.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    I came only on PMI but for sure there are more great companies, since i'm not really staisfied with the sound of PMI (too realistic sound).
    That has got to be the funniest thing I've read. Rejecting a piano because it has a "too realistic sound"! There are lots of unrealistic sounding pianos out there. Any compressed samples would be a candidate. At the end of the day, I guess you have complimented PMI!

Good luck with your search, and thanks for making me smile during a stressful day!

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast