• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: No GM kits for DFH??

Share/Bookmark

No GM kits for DFH??

I recently got the original DFH, and looked for GM mapped kits. There are none. I find this a bit odd. Do I have to program GM mapped kits myself? Urgh..

Re: No GM kits for DFH??

yes thats right. On the plus side if you bought DFH2 you do get GM sets.

Oh wait, you didnt sorry.

Well @#%!...

Sapp,

My new Studio B collection, released via Bela D Media, will feature three different kits mapped out to the GM standard and as a new user of Lyrical Distortion you are entitled to 20% off of Studio B.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    Well @#%!...
    Thats what I said too.

So like what the hell. I don't know how to program in GS nor do I know where to begin. Man, you think it'd be flippin' automatic to include GM kits. WOW!

Anybody have any .art giga 2.5 files for DFH for GM kit setups?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Sapp
    So like what the hell. I don't know how to program in GS nor do I know where to begin. Man, you think it'd be flippin' automatic to include GM kits. WOW!
    They wanted to do it their way, you know; be unique, start a trend

Aaron,

i think you recently switched to Cubase right? You can make a drum map in SX that remaps the sounds in the DFH kit to other keys. Using this tool you can make a gm drum map. it takes a little work but at least you don't have to actually edit the instrument. makes things qutie a bit easier actually. it's been a while since i used this but check the manual. in the inspector there's a pulldown for a map. choose setup map and you'll see a grid where you can assign an incoming note and destination notes plus many other parameters. i'm sure it will work for your purposes.

good luck!

-matt mariano

Post Re: No GM kits for DFH??

Hey Matt, long time no speaky. How are things?

Yea, I got Cubase SX3 installed here, but I haven't had the time to really get to know it, so I'm sticking with Cakewalk for now. I still think Toontracks dropped the ball on that one. I see on their site you can download an .art file update, but you have to register first, and in order to register, you have to send a little card via snail mail all the way to Sweden, wait for it to fly over there, and wait for them to process it. Could be weeks!

*pounds ground like Donkey Kong* *... you guys know who Donkey Kong is right?* ::

Go Back to forum