• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Has anyone heard MOTU's Symphonic Instrument???

Share/Bookmark

Has anyone heard MOTU's Symphonic Instrument???

Seems like Sweetwater is already carrying this product although MOTU site has barely any info and no demos. 8 gigs is a healthy amount for an orchestral library that's running for $300, that's for sure. But I would never buy a library unless I heard demos.

Has anyone heard anything from this library???

Re: Has anyone heard MOTU's Symphonic Instrument???

apparently its not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ed
    apparently its not very good.
    What have you heard? What about it is not good? 8 gigs is a fair bit of real estate. I mean, the VSL samples in Kontakt 2 apparently kick butt and they're 7 gigs.

I heard it demoed at NAMM, but the only thing you could really in that environment is that Jordan Rudess is a phenomenal player.

But who says "apparently it's not very good?" No offense, but I think it's quite irresponsible to start rumors like that unless you're standing on very solid ground and can back it up.

Thanks for sharing this David ! This sure looks interesting and i look forward to hearing the demos .
    Jordan Rudess is amazing btw
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Maybe it's "pre-order" from sweetwater ?

You're right I couldn't find much information on the MOTU site. Are they hiding it it or what? I would like to hear some demos (who'd buy w/out hearing the product?) What I have found elsewhere is on the web is just the stock MOTU info. Hopefully more info will come along before long, since it does look interesting. Very.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    Seems like Sweetwater is already carrying this product although MOTU site has barely any info and no demos. 8 gigs is a healthy amount for an orchestral library that's running for $300, that's for sure. But I would never buy a library unless I heard demos.

Has anyone heard anything from this library???

I've asked "Magic Dave" at MOTU several times over the last 6 weeks when there would be some demos and the answer has always been, "In about a week or two". About two weeks ago when I asked, he told me there would probably some demos in about a week and that the product was still a few weeks away from being released.

Anyway, his time frame came and went and I asked again last Friday, but he has not returned my email this time. In fairness though, he may be at Musicmesse this week.

On paper at least, it seems like it might be a nice thing to have on your laptop. It's got built-in convolution and you can open it in Mach5 for for advanced programming.

Just digging up this thread as there are now a number of mp3 demos up at:

http://www.univers-sons.com/us2K/exe...prod=SYMPHONIC

/Yoss

The short Violin solos in the "Calm Field" demo are extremely convincining and lovely.

--Jay

Sounds not too bad actually!

Go Back to forum