• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Migrating from Stylus to RMX

Share/Bookmark

Migrating from Stylus to RMX

Is there a method for matching a project created in Stylus with comparable sounds in RMX?
    Joe Carroll
    The Manhattan Producers Alliance
    www.manhattanproducersalliance.com

Re: Migrating from Stylus to RMX

Yes, all the sounds of Stylus are included in RMX. You can reasign the, easily. I just had some problems with filters that didn't work in RMXke I programmed them in Stylus.

thanks for your reply. Does this need to be done by ear? The instrument names and locations don't seem to correspond
    Joe Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Manikmoos
    thanks for your reply. Does this need to be done by ear? The instrument names and locations don't seem to correspond
    Do you have rmx, or are you considering to get it? As far as I know (I got it, but didn't look too much into that problem) the filenames are the same. There even is a part of it called "Stylus" (first version), or something like that. You will have to look for the file, assign the old miditrack to the corresponding sound in rmx.
    You don't habe to search the new menues by ear and key by key to find the old sounds.

You do realize that there's no reason to delete your old Stylus (other than conserving HD space). Stylus will remain a completely separate plugin from RMX. Installing RMX does not touch your original Stylus at all. If your concern is backward compatability with pre-RMX sequences, then leave the original Stylus installed until you're done with those old files. Why create an unnecessary problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    You do realize that there's no reason to delete your old Stylus (other than conserving HD space). Stylus will remain a completely separate plugin from RMX. Installing RMX does not touch your original Stylus at all. If your concern is backward compatability with pre-RMX sequences, then leave the original Stylus installed until you're done with those old files. Why create an unnecessary problem?
    Thanks. I was thinking in terms of RMX as the upgraded Stylus. Then the question becomes: " are there any issues between Stylus running in os9 vs osx?"
    Joe Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman
    Good point. But if you want to add RMX to your arrangment in which you used Stylus, then you might want to have all in one (in RMX which has 8 channels). Also RMX is very cpu consuming, so it might be better to be more "economic" and use ionly one instance. That's what I understood...

Question Re: Migrating from Stylus to RMX

This is getting a little confusing. I have a similar problem to Manikmoos but I am not getting a clear picture of the answer. Let me be specific. I have an OS9 Logic 6.4.3 file with a Stylus plugged in set to Kick menu 3. I have midi info going to C3 to trigger a kick in that menu. When I open OSX Logic 7 with Stylus RMX it doesn't find Kick Menu 3 and I can't find it manually. Yes there are Kick sounds in RMX but the labeling is different. In reference to leaving Stylus (not RMX) active, I am not aware that there is a Stylus for OSX that is not RMX. Can anyone help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Noize
    This is getting a little confusing. I have a similar problem to Manikmoos but I am not getting a clear picture of the answer. Let me be specific. I have an OS9 Logic 6.4.3 file with a Stylus plugged in set to Kick menu 3. I have midi info going to C3 to trigger a kick in that menu. When I open OSX Logic 7 with Stylus RMX it doesn't find Kick Menu 3 and I can't find it manually. Yes there are Kick sounds in RMX but the labeling is different. In reference to leaving Stylus (not RMX) active, I am not aware that there is a Stylus for OSX that is not RMX. Can anyone help with this?
    Erm.. just checked this -- looks like everything can be found again in RMX except the bassdrum menues. Maybe because bass drums are more easily "replaced", I dunno. I used the electro percussion menue in Stylus and found it right away in RMX, just assigned again and it was playing like before. I see three solutions :
    just keep one instance of Stylus open,
    find another bassdrim similar,
    or contact Spectrasonics to find your bassdrum file again.

Good luck,
    Markus.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus S
    Erm.. just checked this -- looks like everything can be found again in RMX except the bassdrum menues. Maybe because bass drums are more easily "replaced", I dunno. I used the electro percussion menue in Stylus and found it right away in RMX, just assigned again and it was playing like before. I see three solutions :
    just keep one instance of Stylus open,
    find another bassdrim similar,
    or contact Spectrasonics to find your bassdrum file again.

Good luck,
    Markus.
    Could you explain what you mean by "keep one instance of Stylus open".
    Thanks
    Wade Tonken
    Noize Factory Inc.
    @Manhattan Producers Alliance
    13 West 36 St
    NY NY 10018
    wade@noizefactory.com
    www.noizefactory.com

Go Back to forum