• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A thank you to Scott Cairns

Share/Bookmark

xxx

xxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by cand; 01-27-2008 at 07:06 AM. Reason: xxx

Re: A thank you to Scott Cairns

Scott also came to my aid when I posted my very first question on this forum about 1 1/2 ago (I think it was something about orchestration). I've noticed Scott is always helping others on this forum with musical and technical questions too.

Thank you Scott.

I'd bump up your reputation stars if I knew how.

Same here : Scott's always to the rescue
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Scott's my hero

but he is worried that too much praise might damage his reputation...

Ditto on all of that..Scotts way too helpful. God bless em` Rich

Rcently I got a package from "Music for the Meia" and it had Scott in it! I thought that was pretty cool. I was wondering Scott,if for an 18 year old kid about to head to a college of Music if the program would be worth it to me? I'm not sure if it was just your talent or if the program helped you get to where you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Gamble
    Rcently I got a package from "Music for the Meia" and it had Scott in it! I thought that was pretty cool. I was wondering Scott,if for an 18 year old kid about to head to a college of Music if the program would be worth it to me? I'm not sure if it was just your talent or if the program helped you get to where you are now.
    Scott took the course! Im on the course. Its very good.

Hi everyone, Im somewhat humbled to be singled out like this but thank you, it means a lot.

I have to say that NS and the internet in general is an amazing place. In my time here I've struck up friendships with people as close as the same town as me and as far away Phoenix, Seattle, Orange County, Philadelphia, Canada and England!

Ive also gotten to chat to some of the best composers in the business here whom I have SO much respect for abd have learnt so much.

Anyway, I enjoy helping people, (if I think I can) its no big deal. I would be remiss not to mention the fact that many fine folk share their time and knowledge here. Its what makes this place so worthwhile.

Thanks again. (There's no emoticon to describe what Im feeling! cept maybe this-)
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Ive also gotten to chat to some of the best composers in the business here whom I have SO much respect for abd have learnt so much.

Thanks again. (There's no emoticon to describe what Im feeling! cept maybe this-)
    Scott, have you spoken to Christopher Gordon? He's fast becoming a favorite of mine with his amazing scores to Moby Dick (tv version), Salem's Lot (2004 remake), Master and Commander etc. This guy really knows his s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Gamble

Hi Evan, its hard to say without knowing anything about the course you're soon to undertake. My feeling is that most modern music courses are pretty well, ar, 'modern' in the sense that they teach things like scoring to picture, timecode, delivery formats and so on.

If your course is more traditional in the sense that it teaches harmony, theory, composition etc, then the MFTM course might be good for you. That course will hone your skills more in terms of writing to a brief and expose to you to more real-world scenarios.

Hope that helps,

Scott.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Go Back to forum