• Register
  • Help

Topic: recording with the mouse

Share/Bookmark

recording with the mouse

Hey, I don't know if this is possible or not, but is it possible to use notes generated when pressing the on-screen keyboard in GS?

I am currently using nuendo as the sequencer, via rewire.

thx.

G

Re: recording with the mouse

Quote Originally Posted by djgrimey
    Hey, I don't know if this is possible or not, but is it possible to use notes generated when pressing the on-screen keyboard in GS?

G
    Not under Rewire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbuk
    Not under Rewire.
    I guess that means only in "Stand Alone" mode because, even when you open your Sequencer from "inside" GS, the on-screen keyboard will be disabled.

You can try using the "Piano Roll" view in your sequencer to input notes.

Hope that helps ....
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

I input notes through the mouse as well. The method i found that works quickest is to enter notes on a staff in approximate location and then open the piano roll and slide them around to perfection. If you unsnap to grid the piano roll, you can move each note to feel and make it sound quite realistic while adding in minute timing discrepencies that a real player would be putting in.

Thanks AG and others.

AG, are u using the GS onscreen keyboard, or the nuendo one. I know I can do it using the Nuendo one, but I like being able to see the wavforms and exactly where the samples are mapped, which I can see in the GS keyboard.

Also I can seem to use the GS keyboard, even though using rewire the midi input indicator is lighting up, when I press the mouse on the onscreen keyboard. So shouldn't I be able to record that, if the led is lighting up?

thanx again.

N

Go Back to forum