The Greatest Man....

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Pope Has died....
    He was the greatest of All...
    Nothing more I can say

R.I.P

Re: The Greatest Man....

Luk, I know that there are many people around the world who are grieving right now – especially in Poland. My condolences and deepest sympathies to you and your countrymen. He made Poland very proud and rightfully so.

I am not a religious man per se, but I always admired this particular pope. He was a brave and remarkable man. I believe it is indeed a great loss for us all – no matter our belief system.

Warmest Regards,

Brian
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thank You Brian,
    Just Please put a candle[*] in his name...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I am not a religious man per se, but I always admired this particular pope. He was a brave and remarkable man. I believe it is indeed a great loss for us all – no matter our belief system.
    Brave and remarkable? That's high praise. I would not be so generous, but I'll leave it at that.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Any man who becomes pope is remarkable, but it was sad to see him physically declining over the past two years, and disturbing to see a huge chunk of the world still hanging on to his every, supposedly infallable, word to the last.

One would expect a pope to play the "infallable" card with care. But his dogmatic insistence that the use of condoms is sinful and the spread of AIDS could be prevented by teaching abstinence and fidelity was naive to the point of gross irresponsibility. (And that's not even speaking of the adverse effect on population control and its outfall). He only lived in the real world on selected levels. Yes, he championed liberty. I would hope so. In the mean time he was authoritarian with a strange elitist view of democracy. And I wonder whether he allowed his own personal revulsions speak through his infallable assertion that homosexuality is evil. (It's not from the scriptures).

He was said to be brilliant, insightful and loved the world. I believe he gave it his all, to the very end, and for that I respect him. But I don't think he was the right pope for this era.

May he rest in peace

...must.....not.....even...touch...this...subject. ....must....not...mention...my...hero....Martin Luther.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Edited...

I thouhgt this thread was asking who we thought was the greatest man.

My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    Edited...

I thouhgt this thread was asking who we thought was the greatest man.

My apologies.
    If that was what the thread was asking I would agree with your choice, and the way it was put:

Siddhartha Gotama, the last Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    ...must.....not.....even...touch...this...subject. ....must....not...mention...my...hero....Martin Luther.

Too clear up any confusion, I said Martin Luther, meaning the leader of the Reformation. I did not mean Martin Luther King.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

The Pope's faith, dedication, hope, and love has been and will continue to be an inspiration for me. I am sad to see him go.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast