• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSL Opus 2 info

Share/Bookmark

VSL Opus 2 info

Uh oh. Those clever guys at VSL have "brought it" with their new Opus 2 library. check out this link

http://www.vsl.co.at/english/pages/f...tart/login.htm

$500 ( )for this 9 gig library that includes samples from the Horizon series as well as the original VSL lib. Perfect price point too. It looks like it's somewhat of an upgrade for VSL as they indicate it works with Opus 1 but I can see many folks just buying this to round out their existing orchestral libs from other developers (like GPO or in my case, EWQLSO).

Of course, I'll still wait until the EWQLSO Pro upgrades come out first to get a better perspective on what lib will suit me better but it's great to have this in the running as an option eh?

Re: VSL Opus 2 info

Have you seen the price for the bundle (Opus 1 + 2) on timespace.com? They must have made a mistake... if not: WHAT A DEAL!

OPUS 2 – ORCHESTRA

OPUS 2 expands the potential of OPUS 1 and the FIRST EDITION with additional articulations and further instruments. It also offers bonus files which include basic articulations of instruments taken from other Horizon Series titles, like Solo Strings, Epic Horns, French Oboe, or Woodwind Ensembles.

Strings
    OPUS 2 offers the complete articulation package of Legato Runs (major, harmonic minor, chromatic and whole tone scales), Vienna’s legendary “Flautando Strings”, and the easy-to-use but highly effective “Fast Repetitions”. The strings package is rounded out with a basic set of solo string articulations featuring the most important playing techniques.

Woodwinds
    Since Vienna’s woodwinds’ Performance Legato articulations are especially popular, OPUS 2 offers the complete Performance Legato articulations for bass clarinet and contrabassoon. As requested by many users, looped sustains for all woodwind instruments are provided. A basic set of the Horizon Series’ French Oboe as well as the flute and clarinet ensembles completes the woodwind group.

Brass
    The brass section is enhanced through the inclusion of sordino and stopped playing techniques. Solo trumpet and trumpet ensembles also feature Performance Legato articulations. As a bonus, a basic set of the Horizon Series’ powerful Epic Horns is included.

Percussion
    Apart from additional timpani articulations (tremolo and single note glissandos), the percussion family is stocked with marimba, vibraphone, cencerros, plate bells and waterphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    Have you seen the price for the bundle (Opus 1 + 2) on timespace.com? They must have made a mistake... if not: WHAT A DEAL!
    I don't think it is a mistake... those are british pounds after all! After the currency conversion it is only a little less than list price. Still worthwhile I guess, but you had gotten me excited with your statement.

It's $1295.00 US for the Opus1&2 bundle.

Oops! Thanks JC - I thought it was in euros...

$1295 for Horizon 1+2, so I wonder what will be the SISO price after that smart VSL move

Quote Originally Posted by Abel
    $1295 for Horizon 1+2, so I wonder what will be the SISO price after that smart VSL move
    Maybe SI has changed their minds, and they are the source of the new group buy that has been rumoured?
    That would be a smart move - it is the only way they will be able to get me to redirect my money to them rather than VSL..

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    Oops! Thanks JC - I thought it was in euros...
    If that had been the case, I would have just covered my eyes and maxed out my card to get it immediately.

What's a "group buy"?

Go Back to forum