• Register
  • Help

Topic: Intakt hell

Share/Bookmark

Intakt hell

does anyone else find the "Intakt" instrument difficult to work with? I just purchased Beats working In Cuba and the Intakt interface is making things really difficult.

First it takes forever to load and play all the samples to see whick one you want. I don't mean that the samples load slow, it's just that in order to hear them you have to load them one at a time. (hey guys at Zero-g, don't you think a set of audio files that you can audition quickly would have been helpful?)

The interface itself is cumbersome, time consuming and confusing.

How about this for an example, it will let you generate a midi file for playing the loop but you have to save it to the desk top and then import it into your sequencer??? ever heard of Stylus? Would it not have been very easy to just include a set of midi files with the loops? No, I have to go one by one and create the midi loops that already exist...right. What a time saver!

Maybe I need to spend more time with it and I will love it. Just seems like a whole bunch of complication that does not need to exist.

I think Eric P and more forward thinking library produces are spoiling us!!!

giga...

Re: Intakt hell

I agree that RMX is a great tool, but then again you can't slice your own loops in RMX (yet anyway). Also, in Kontakt (maybe Intakt too) you can select whatever slices you want and process them seperately by grouping them. In RMX you're limited to 1/3, 2/4, and whatever options you're given, but you can't specify always the exact slices that you might want to get routed to different processing. Unfortunately, none of my audio tools have been perfected yet. I'm not complaining though, just clarifying in the pursuit of eventual perfection.

fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    In RMX you're limited to 1/3, 2/4, and whatever options you're given, but you can't specify always the exact slices that you might want to get routed to different processing.
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Simply create your own edit groups with "Create Edit Group", then choose "Enable add/remove" and add whatever slices you wish to an edit group using the Add button.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Simply create your own edit groups with "Create Edit Group", then choose "Enable add/remove" and add whatever slices you wish to an edit group using the Add button.

- Glenn
    Thanks for the clarification :-) I'll give that a try tonight after work. I must have missed that one.

fizbin

I have to agree that Intakt is clumsy, especially after RMX. I have several of their systems, and wind up spending much more time getting what I want than I do with RMX. Auditioning is painful, the best bet seems to be to create a demo CD with snippets of each loop; it's faster to audition this way.

Nice idea for what it is, but needs more listening to the user base, something NI seems reluctant to do. I guess we have to beat up the developers first, but Zero-G has not been responsive in the past either, other than to say, "we got your email..."

Go, Eric!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum