• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: hope to find a Boston film composer for short

Share/Bookmark

hope to find a Boston film composer for short

Hi there, I'm a graduate film student refered here by an old accquaintance Damon Bradley. I'm looking for an experienced film composer who wants to work with me on this year's 48 Hour Film Project Boston. For more information check out www.48hourfilm.com. You would be needed April 8-10, and as always the composer gets the short end of the stick (unfortunately) and has to do the music in less than a day. Let me know if you're interested.
    -Karen
    p.s. if you're not from Boston but would like to do this work via uploaded Quicktime rough cuts and MP3s, let me know!

Re: hope to find a Boston film composer for short

Sounds exciting. I'm currently a film scoring student at the Berklee College of Music. I'm still an undergrad but have done a fair amount of projects outside of school (marketed products as well). Also, if needed, I have a good friend in school who has great experience with the recording industry, pro tools editing and mixing, and even interned for ASCAP. If this interests you, let me know.

Here's my site:

www.hudsonstudios.net

Jared Hudson

All man I'm so jealous that youre going to Berklee...I would if I could afford it. Maybe for my graduate work?

Hey Jared,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to a fellow Bostonian

-Eric

man, are you sure that you want that quick ?
    also, we are not getting pay just a free service, right ?

Lkthomas@gmail.com

dejavue... "career advice" thread.
    evaclear
    Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm...

My Stuff

Thumbs up Re: hope to find a Boston film composer for short

Hey, what's the problem?! One day is *plenty* of time to compose, let's say 15 minutes of music! I'd do this for *no* money! Please call me right away : **********

Guys the 48Hr Film project is more or less just for kicks. It's a race to make a movie super quick. It's really just for fun.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by kblack220
    Hi there, I'm a graduate film student refered here by an old accquaintance Damon Bradley.
    Who didnt want to do it himself? eh?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Markus S
    One day is *plenty* of time to compose, let's say 15 minutes of music!
    Actually, films will only be 4 to 8 minutes long, so time shouldn't really be a huge issue. Sounds like fun to me. Maybe if they come to Baltimore...
    Tim

Go Back to forum