• Register
  • Help

Topic: Instrument not heard during playback

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Instrument not heard during playback

Hey everyone. I'm a newly minted GPO owner and I'm baffled. I'm using GPO as a VST plug-in for Cubase SX. When I activate Kontact, I'm able to play the virtual keyboard and produce sound, but apparently my own keyboard signal doesn't activate the keyboard at all. Consequently, none of my patterns are able to be heard. Of coourse, everything works fine when I use (gulp) Sampletank, etc. I using a P4 with tons of RAM, great soundcard. Any thoughts or should I just reinstall? Thanx.

Re: Instrument not heard during playback

How is your keyboard connected to your computer? Midi? USB?
    You might check your midi settings in Cubase...does your keyboard trigger other things o.k.? Also check you midi settings in the Kontakt Player. I know this is the obvious stuff, but that is where most of my glitches have been.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    How is your keyboard connected to your computer? Midi? USB?
    You might check your midi settings in Cubase...does your keyboard trigger other things o.k.? Also check you midi settings in the Kontakt Player. I know this is the obvious stuff, but that is where most of my glitches have been.

Keyboard is connected via Midi. Keyboard triggers other things perfectly. This is where I embarrass myself . . . How do I check midi settings in Kontact?

Well, this is how I embarrass myself . I don’t remember how Cubase works anymore (I use Sonar now). What I would recommend is recording some notes into a track in Cubase from your midi keyboard. If data is recorded, then run that track through GPO and see if you get sound. The assigned midi channel for the current program in the Kontakt player is just under the words “CPU usage” in the main display. Set it to Omni to see if it is receiving data.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Talking Re: Instrument not heard during playback

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Well, this is how I embarrass myself . I don’t remember how Cubase works anymore (I use Sonar now). What I would recommend is recording some notes into a track in Cubase from your midi keyboard. If data is recorded, then run that track through GPO and see if you get sound. The assigned midi channel for the current program in the Kontakt player is just under the words “CPU usage” in the main display. Set it to Omni to see if it is receiving data.
    Really appreciate the recommendation! I'm trying it out right now. Thanks!!

Go Back to forum