• Register
  • Help

Topic: Closest VST to hardware

Share/Bookmark

Closest VST to hardware

Just wondering what would be the closest vst synth, in terms of quality, to any hardware synth ?

Re: Closest VST to hardware

"any" hardware synth? even stuff from back in the day? closest IMO would be NI FM7 to Yamaha's DX7

for modern synths like Motif, no one software synth IMO has come close enough to be "closest", you'd have to assemble various plugs, and even then the workflow wouldn't be uniform.
    -david abraham
    Facebook

Korg's Wavestation. Pretty spot on I'd say. But then again, its raw digital so it should be!.
    Trev Parks

The original question inspired me to ask your opinion of the best
    (sounding) vst synth; I personally appreciate the following feature:

1. Best and most versatile analog classical sounds
    2. Best hybrid (i.e. analog + digital soundblending) feasibilities
    3. Multitimbral feature
    4. Economic use in terms of computer resource use. Please also take into account DSP platform instrument.

Probably you wont get all this in one package, in that case suggest more than one.

Please vote!

Harry

IMHO

CS-80V from Arturia is the king kong!!!!!!!....... V~~~~~~~ might agree as well!!!!

Good luck!!!!

Really depends on WHAT hardware you're trying to sound like. For accuracy, the Novation V-Station is identical to the hardware K-Station, because they run the same code.

Quote Originally Posted by zircon_st
    Really depends on WHAT hardware you're trying to sound like. For accuracy, the Novation V-Station is identical to the hardware K-Station, because they run the same code.

Yeah, I agree - I had in my mind a "general tool" for different purposes.
    E.g. Spectrasonics Atmosphere doesn't emulate any hardware (I guess).
    Of course most of the music makers have more than one instrument, for
    different purposes. These preferences depends on the type of music, too, but I have in my mind a person who should be able to handle different genres (e.g. film music composer). Patthovens CS-80 V is an interesting option.
    Zircon, you mentioned V-Station, what about another which runs on the Powercore, namely the Virus? ;-) Harry

Well, that's a somewhat skewed interpretation of Atmosphere from my perspective. It doesn't emulate any particular hardware because it uses samples from a whole lot of different original hardware. Just thought I'd mention that. It is actually the easiest way to quickly get some of those "typically analog" pad sounds in my opinion, if you don't mind losing editability.

Talking Re: Closest VST to hardware

Oh
    true true! The V-stattion from Novation is quite the killer!!!!

I own a Nova and have Demo'd the V-station.

Uncanny likeness, and an incredible tool!!!!!

Ciao!!

Ultra focus samples more or less all the big vintage synths and includes over 2000 presets.
    http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/usb/exec/ultrafocus

Go Back to forum