• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free awesome Acoustic Guitar for Logic people only!

Share/Bookmark

Free awesome Acoustic Guitar for Logic people only!

I just wanted to point out to anyone interested that the Garage Band acoustic guitar sounds IMHO awesome. It even has some subtle finger slides/rubbing sounds which really bring out the realism. I believe this is the standard acoustic that comes bundles with garage Band (I do have Jam Pack 1 as well, but I think it's from the built in library).

Pull it up from the Channel Strip, click on the word "inserts" and select Acoustic Guitar. It will not only pull up the instrument, but also a great EQ set up that really makes it shine.

IMHO this sounds better than many other high priced offerings, and if you have Logic and Garage Band, chances are you already own it!

I bet you never even thought of pulling up those Apple sounds! I bet there are other jems to be found too.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Free awesome Acoustic Guitar for Logic people only!

your right, I've never even thought of using garageband instruments. Thanks for the tip! Also, how are you enjoying Jam Pack 1?

They are fantastic - I've been using them in logic for a while. The clean elec guitars sound great as well with the same slides and finger noise. Put 'em through Guitar Amp Pro and they sound really useable to me. The roundback guitar and acoustic blues are also great.

My Fave of the Jam Pack stuff though has to be the dobro and bluegrass banjo. Again, good velocity switching with slides and vibrato. Definitely check all of these out.

At $99 a pop (less with educational discount) I think the Jam Packs are the deal of the century. Jam Pack 1 is pretty good as far as a basic extension of the instruments, but I am really curious about Jam Pack 3 and 4. 3 has lots of rhythm section stuff...perhaps some really good horns? Jam Pack 4 is the orchestral package which I would definitely like to check out.

I also find the Apple loops to be very useable. I mean, they are very flexible, and sound great!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Hey thanks midphase. how did you know I never thought of pulling those sounds up? I'll check 'em out first thing. (ok, first thing after Lyrical Distortion)

Cheers
    Michael Telle
    Vagabond
    Bay Area

Yeah JamPacks are pretty cool. I have JP 1, 3 and 4. I'm still checking out all the instruments and haven't even got to the loops yet. I'll get stuck on one I really like like the Dobro and Guitar and then realize I still have 100 or so other instruments to check out.

Cheers,
    JS

How do the Jam packs compare for someone who is already using VSL opus1, Stormdrum & EWQLSO silver? For the price (especially with my educational discount) I know they cant be beat, but its still $100 to throw down, and being a student we dont have that much extra dough lying about. Is it worth it? Do you have, or know of any good demos out there?

Thanks again,
    Jon

I had a long talk with an Apple guy in CA, who pushed the Apple orch instruments. He said some are comparable to expensive libraries.

I emailed him today,asking for some demo somewhere, because i've never heard one of these things, and I will not buy sight unseen so to speak.

Previously, I'd finally gotten thru to Apple about the problem between Sonic Implants and EXS over the release sample issue, and the person just blown me off saying well if other libraries don't work, why don't you try Apple instruments.
    Huh ? no support for third party VI's ?????

I am thinking Apple is pushing their development along this line, which is corporate piggishness IMHO.

I'm glad to see a thread in a forum about it, and I'd love to hear these things, but I'm not buying them unless I like them !!!!

Funny, I never thought about using them either. They should be available to Digital Performer users as well, no? I'll check it out tonight.

Pardon, there's some jampack 4 demos here :
    http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageban.../jampack4.html

what do you think ?

they seem not that bad for scratch pad ideas, but no good for 'all in' budgets that don't allow for hiring live musicians

Go Back to forum