• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for a library with TERNARY LOOPS

Share/Bookmark

Question Looking for a library with TERNARY LOOPS

That's what I want... I use ternary rythms a lot, and there are few libraries with this kind of loops. Do you know a library mainly with ternary loops?
    Thanks in advance
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Re: Looking for a library with TERNARY LOOPS

yeh, i hear you most libs only have 4/4 or oddmeter stuff etc, but i use a little trick from time to time:

best thing to do is to take a 4/4 loop, cut the last two 4th and exchange the last 4th with the third...

to make it more clear:

you have one loop with 1234, so i cut 3 and 4, get rid of 3 and put 4 at the place of three. sometimes you get some really cool things out of that.

otherwise it would be really cool to have ternary drumlibs.

hope it helped at least a little.

It seems simple...but great! I will try it. Very good idea. Thank you Alex, I will tell you about my progress.
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    It seems simple...but great! I will try it. Very good idea. Thank you Alex, I will tell you about my progress.
    This works great with RMX

Daryl

Hey Daryl, do you know if RMX has something ethnic? Or is only for "electronic" loops.
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Quote Originally Posted by TARI
    Hey Daryl, do you know if RMX has something ethnic? Or is only for "electronic" loops.
    There is a variety of stuff, especially in the expanders. You need to investigate further as I am not in my studio at the moment. However, if not, I'm sure that this will be addressed in the future, as once you've used RMX you will never go anywhere else for loops (or even to make your own).

Daryl

do you know if RMX has something ethnic?
    There is a fair amount of ethnic material in the Groove Elements section, also if you have any ethnic Rex libs, like Pure Tabla, these import easily and work fairly well. If you're asking if it is worth it to buy RMX, the answer is an overwhelming YES. I had Stylus and got the upgrade for free, if I had had to pay full retail I still would have considered it a bargain...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum