• Register
  • Help

Topic: DLL error

Share/Bookmark

DLL error

Every time I start up GPO Studio I get a VST.dll not found but it works fine anyway. What is that file and how do I get it to find it?

Re: DLL error

Quote Originally Posted by crispee
    Every time I start up GPO Studio I get a VST.dll not found but it works fine anyway. What is that file and how do I get it to find it?
    Is Ambience visible in the lower right corner of the screen?

I had this situation when I first got GPO, but don't have a clue about how I changed it. Probably re-installed, first completely uninstalling.

Richard

crispee,

Make sure you installed the GarritanPersonalOrchestra VST dll when you first inalled GPO. If you don't see it in your VST foleder, reinstall disc 1 and install only the VST component.

As Richard suggests, it may also be the Ambience dll. MAke sure you copy the ambience DLL in the Ambience folder on disc 4 into you VST folder too. Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

i copied the ambience dll in and same error.

I was wrong though it is PRM.dll that is missing or it can't find.

I tried the uninstall everything trick and reinstalled even the libraries. Same problem. The strange thing is -- when i installed the first time it would ask me to find the file and now it just gives an error but then starts anyway. I haven't noticed any problems it just seems weird to get the error.

i copied the ambience dll in and same error.

I was wrong though it is PRM.dll that is missing or it can't find.

I tried the uninstall everything trick and reinstalled even the libraries. Same problem. The strange thing is -- when i installed the first time it would ask me to find the file and now it just gives an error but then starts anyway. I haven't noticed any problems it just seems weird to get the error.

Well, I don't find that PRM.dll is part of GPO. I don't have it on my system. Something is strange. Have you other problems on your system? Perhaps you ought to check and see if other strange things are happening.

Richard

ran utilities and tried again. still happens. Brand new computer P4, 2 GB RAM, 3.8 MhZ.

The funny thing is is that it says the it "failed to start" and then goes ahead and starts!

I have no idea how to check to see if GPO Studio looks for that .dll or what.

Brand new computer P4, 2 GB RAM, 3.8 MhZ.
    Well, your processor could use some upgrading!

Gee---I'm helpful!

-Chris

Go Back to forum