• Register
  • Help

Topic: How much does a soul weigh?

Share/Bookmark

How much does a soul weigh?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I'm taking the liberty of starting a new thread, because anything to do with Schiavo offends me and I want to post about this.

uote:

Originally Posted by Ernstinen

Question: What's the deal with the immediate weight loss at the time of death? (I can't think of the figure, something like 20 ounces). It's been interpreted as the soul leaving the body. I wouldn't doubt it!

Jose:

Ern

Suprised that anybody else has heard of this. That's what I think it is.

As far as the bright lights are concerned, hmmmmm...not so sure that that's a great thing. It's like a moth to a flame imho. Once you're at the flame zapp!!!! It's a theory I'm working on that explains why we can't remember past lives.

If Earth were a prison of souls how would you keep people from escaping? Erase any memory they ever had of having a spirit seperate from their bodies, then confine them to the outermost region of the galaxy. That way they'll never know what, who or where they are. Living life to life with no memory of the past life. Dead forever.

Buddha and Jesus may have been the only ones to figure out that the spirit lives on. Tried to teach it to us but we're not smart enough yet to get all they were trying to teach.

I always wondered why our solar system is way out on the last spiral of our spiral galaxy. What's goin' on in the center of the galaxy? Why don't people ever ask these questions? Why do people assume that we're the only game in the universe? And if you suggest that maybe there's life elsewhere in the universe people think you're crazy.

If somebody where to invent the perfect prison of souls Earth would be perfect. Cosmic Australia before airplanes. What would ever happend to us if we did come up with faster than light space travel? Would we be welcomed? Or would we be looked upon as those insane people from Earth that where abondoned hear eons ago.

hmmmmmm.......

That's what I was trying to elude to in the earlier evolution thread. Things aren't always what appears to be in the physical universe. There are other universes other than physical. There's the universe of thought. Thought is separate than the physical universe. Where does an original idea come from?

Let the heated debate begin.
    I don't know why bodies lose 20% of their weight - if they actually do - but I guarantee that it's not the soul leaving the body. Physiological things happen after death, and there's certainly an explanation.

And yes, I do believe that everyone and every living thing has a soul - whatever that actually means. But souls have no more weight than thoughts.

Re: How much does a soul weigh?

thoughts have weight. thought is energy. energy has mass. motionless energy is considered solid matter. memoeries are motionless energy. they have a tiny weight. its all just a matter of simple quantum physics.

jose

> "...energy has mass..."

Not really. Energy can be converted to mass, and mass to energy. They are interchangeable. But energy in and of itself does not have mass. For instance, if I roll a boulder up a hill, it has more energy. The only mass it gained was from any dirt it picked up along the way.

But because mass and energy are interchangeable, one could surmise that the life energy manifested itself in the body as mass - maybe in the cells - that converted to energy and traveled away at the time of death.

We have to be careful applying the laws of physics to life force issues though. We cannot create life in a lab, so we do not possess full knowledge of the process of life. And if we cannot measure the process, and we do not have proven theories for the process, we can't know what rules apply and do not apply to that domain.

Interesting topic though!

-JF

The electrons moving around our brains have mass, but thoughts don't.

Dogs obviously have souls, so that proves the weight loss after a person's death isn't the soul leaving the body.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    > "...energy has mass..."

Not really. Energy can be converted to mass, and mass to energy. They are interchangeable. But energy in and of itself does not have mass. For instance, if I roll a boulder up a hill, it has more energy. The only mass it gained was from any dirt it picked up along the way.

But because mass and energy are interchangeable, one could surmise that the life energy manifested itself in the body as mass - maybe in the cells - that converted to energy and traveled away at the time of death.

We have to be careful applying the laws of physics to life force issues though. We cannot create life in a lab, so we do not possess full knowledge of the process of life. And if we cannot measure the process, and we do not have proven theories for the process, we can't know what rules apply and do not apply to that domain.

Interesting topic though!

-JF
    The energy in that case would be gravity and it does have a weight. The fact that energy has mass is undeniable. And the energy in thought actually has been measured by more than just one person.

But I agree that there is no doubt that the cells themselves created an energy that's unique to life.

Cheers

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    The electrons moving around our brains have mass, but thoughts don't.

Dogs obviously have souls, so that proves the weight loss after a person's death isn't the soul leaving the body.
    I don't think that anybody has measured the weight of dog after death. Have they? dunno.

The electrons in our brain aren't the same thing as thought yes. But thought is a higher level energy. Higher than the energy level of light that's why scientist haven't discovered it yet. Scientist still think that light is the end all be all. The highest form of energy.

I actually consider all forms or energy and mass different levels of thought manifesting itself at different wave lengths.

Do an experiment reach out with your mind and actually put a lot of life energy onto the surface of your hand. If you are perceptive enough you'll actually feel your hand tingle. That's the energy of thought. Remeber the old greek letter "Theta". It actually means spirit or thought or energy of life. These things to the Greek we're interchangable. The Greeks knew somethings about the energy of thought that we've long since forgotten.

It's a matter of wavelengths or in musicians terms frequency.

Cheers,

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Dogs obviously have souls.
    ..which makes them a lot farther ahead of left wing fanatics. He, he, Nick.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

No question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Yup, I did a search to get the human weight loss and they compared it to experiments on dogs where no weight loss occurred. I should have provided a link. My Bad!

Ern
    That must mean that dogs carry a lot less emotional baggage with them. hahahahah....oh..I kill me...that you very much.

Go Back to forum