• Register
  • Help

Topic: Has this ever happened to you?

Share/Bookmark

Question Has this ever happened to you?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Have you ever felt like you change minds with someone else?

One time I was fiddling around on the piano to see if I could come up with a decent melody line worth developing, and all the sudden I felt like I switched minds with my Grandpa and developed a great boogie line. I'm usually really bad a boogie, but I sounded halfway decent then. I went to go write it down, but as soon as I left the piano bench the idea vanished--strange.

Another time, I was playing (again) the piano and I thought up this great rock 'n' roll theme. I seemed to switch minds with my uncle. Then I glanced at my Mozart Sonata that I was trying to learn and I thought to myself, 'Who would waste their time with that?!?' Which is my uncle's opinion on classical music. Luckially, I wrote that one down.

Has this happened to any of y'all before?

Chris

Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Valence Shifting.

In your mind these people are the people that either felt sympathy for you when your were sick or people that you feel have a stronger personality than you. So you swap out your viewpoint on life for their's.

Pretty common. Most people just don't recognize it and end up living life like their mother or something. On an exteme end you have Norman Bates. On a more everday level you have people that go around walking, talking, dressing and acting like there parents or close family members or friends.

Every once in while I get that I'm just like my dad. To which I reply,"yeah, I'm working on that."

Do you think you look like your uncle and grandpapa?

Cheers,

Jose

Years and years ago I went to a Deep Purple concert at the Long Beach Arena. I went down the stairwell from the balcony level. There were three people hanging out in there who were definitely on some sort of hallucinogenic trip. I remember looking at them, figuring out their state of mind, and then experiencing it myself. It was like multi-dimensional dizzyness. I left the stairwell, and the feeling wore off after a couple of minutes.

I don't remember smelling anything in the stairwell, so I don't think anything entered my bloodstream. But, when I went back upstairs, I used a different stairwell, just to be safe. It was not a pleasant feeling. And it wasn't just the secondary pot smoke that filled the concert hall. I could barely stand.

It was a weird and unexpected experience.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I don't remember smelling anything in the stairwell, so I don't think anything entered my bloodstream. But, when I went back upstairs, I used a different stairwell, just to be safe. It was not a pleasant feeling. And it wasn't just the secondary pot smoke that filled the concert hall. I could barely stand.

It was a weird and unexpected experience.

-JF
    Jon,
    Have you been experimenting with free diving again?
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Quote Originally Posted by josejherring
    Valence Shifting.

In your mind these people are the people that either felt sympathy for you when your were sick or people that you feel have a stronger personality than you. So you swap out your viewpoint on life for their's.....

Do you think you look like your uncle and grandpapa?
    Interesting.
    I feel sympathy for my uncle 'cause he's going through a really tough time financially, and I really like my grandpa. He's the best grandpa in the world! He even lets me use his 'professional' studio!!!
    I don't really look like either of them, 'cause technically speaking he's my step grandpa (my mom's stepdad) and my step uncle (my mom's step brother).

Weird experience, JF.............really weird.........!!

Chris

Go Back to forum