• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Stylus RMX Drag and Drop Bug

Share/Bookmark

Question Stylus RMX Drag and Drop Bug

Apologies if this is already known.

Under Windows XP (Stylus RMX version 1.2.0e), when dragging and dropping a midi file in groove menu midi mode, the word 'MENU' does not appear in the midi file name.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Cheers

Mike Gill

Re: Stylus RMX Drag and Drop Bug

It works fine here. But, even if if didn't work right, that name is just a reminder for you....it doesn't serve any other purpose.

- Glenn

Glenn
    I know it doesn't serve any other purpose, but it's handy to be able to distinguish between the two modes if you have multiple midi parts in an arrangement.

You have it working under Windows XP? What version of RMX?

Mike

I tested every version of RMX. They all name the midi part properly.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn.

Very strange, I've double checked what I'm doing against the tutorial, the midi file is fine itself, I get the slices for sliced and one note for groove but the name is the same for both. This is on 2 systems (one a laptop) on both Windows XP home and professional. Both are SP1, I wouldn't have thought SP2 would make a difference.

Mike

What host are you using? Maybe it isn't reading the name properly.

- Glenn

I've done some more tests using 2 hosts. It actually does work in Nuendo! I didn't bother testing this before as I dragged to the desk top direct.

So when I drag to the desk top direct the file name leaves out MENU, however when I import this file into Nuendo it names the track and part with MENU! Dragging and dropping direct to Nuendo also includes MENU.

Dragging and dropping direct to Samplitude or importing to Samplitude, leaves out MENU.

What do you get if you drag and drop diect to the desk top? It looks as if there is an external and internal name, as Nuendo names it correctly even when importing the midi file without MENU. I should have done more thorough tests before posting, but it is inconsistent in its behaviour, which as you suggest might rely on the host, however the fact that it doesn't name it correctly when dragging to the desk top might suggest a problem?

Cheers

Mike

The file name is meaningless...it's the internal track name that matters.

If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest letting the makers of Samplitude know about this bug since it could cause various problems when importing midi.

- Glenn

Yes but I would have thought the two should be consistent. If you wanted to drag and drop to the desk top both a slice and groove midi file you would have to rename one first! If someone has a host that doesn't support drag and drop (as discussed on the tutorial, Pro Tools I think) then they wouldn't be able to distinguish between a groove and slice midi file. It doesn't sound like too much of a problem to name the external file name and internal name the same.

Forgot to add, can you confirm that you get the same when dragging directly to the desktop, i.e. the name is without the word MENU?

Mike

I'll put it on a list for future consideration, but there are so few hosts that don't support drag and drop, and for those few which don't, you usually import the midi immediately after dragging to the desktop (and in pro tools the track gets named properly), that I'll warn you that it may not get high priority.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum