• Register
  • Help

Topic: KOMPLETE vs Individual Apps

Share/Bookmark

KOMPLETE vs Individual Apps

Hey folk,
    I see there is a KOMPLETE 2 now, which brings this question back to me.

Isn't there a bit of redundancy in the "Komplete" package? Kontakt, then Kompakt, then Intakt? Aren't they all samplers?

Let's say there is a newbie like me, wouldn't it make sense to buy Kompakt e.g. then, as you get comfortable, upgrade to Kontakt?

Would the $$ savings be worth the repetition?

Then there is the aspect that you have to install all of them, wether or not you use them, because the activation code takes all the serial numbers into account ....

Thoughts?
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

Re: KOMPLETE vs Individual Apps

Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    Hey folk,
    I see there is a KOMPLETE 2 now, which brings this question back to me.

Isn't there a bit of redundancy in the "Komplete" package? Kontakt, then Kompakt, then Intakt? Aren't they all samplers?

Let's say there is a newbie like me, wouldn't it make sense to buy Kompakt e.g. then, as you get comfortable, upgrade to Kontakt?

Would the $$ savings be worth the repetition?

Then there is the aspect that you have to install all of them, wether or not you use them, because the activation code takes all the serial numbers into account ....

Thoughts?
    You don't have to install all the instruments if you have Komplete - only the ones you want. Komplete has a single serial and activation. You are right though, if you only want a sampler out of the whole NI stuff then Kompakt>Kontakt is the way to go. I'd go straight for Kontakt 2, but Kompakt does also come with an outstanding sample library so there is that to consider. Usually people buying into the Komplete 2 package want all the great synths too (Reaktor, Absynth, Pro53, FM7 = awesome package)

fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    You don't have to install all the instruments if you have Komplete - only the ones you want. Komplete has a single serial and activation.
    fizbin
    O.K. then ....

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin
    but Kompakt does also come with an outstanding sample library
    Not the same library as with Kontakt? In which case, theses samples would work with Kontakt, I guess ....

Thanx
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

The Kompakt lib is not the same is the Kontakt 1 lib (Kompakt's is much better) and I don't believe either has much if anything in common with the Kontakt 2 library, which looks absolutely fantastic. Kontakt 1 (and I'm assuming Kontakt 2 as well) can play the Kompakt sample library.

fizbin

It's worth it if you are interested in other aspects of the package besides the samplers. Also, sometimes, Kompakt is preferable over Kontakt; Kompakt's interface, in my opinion, is easier to navigate and if you don't have to use any editing features, you might as well use that. Intakt has a solid library as well if you need to pull up a fast breakbeat or something along those lines.

The value is probably found most in the synthesis tools you get. B4, Absynth 3, Reaktor 4, Pro-53, and fm7 are all oustanding, and alone they would cost far more than Komplete 2 does.

Go Back to forum