• Register
  • Help

Topic: Legato in Cubase without midi?

Share/Bookmark

Legato in Cubase without midi?

Maybe I will get laughed off the board for asking but are there any ways to improve legato in cubase for those w/out pedal and keyboard? Just wondering...

Mark

Re: Legato in Cubase without midi?

I use to overlap the notes in the piano editor of my sequencer. Also, I use to adjust the release by making it longer. This use to give the illusion of legato.

Cheers,

Jose

You mean besides drawing in CC64 (sustain pedal) and note overlaps in the piano roll in Cubase?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    You mean besides drawing in CC64 (sustain pedal) and note overlaps in the piano roll in Cubase?

When you mention things like CC64 I go--OK! and then i realize I really don't know how to do that, in fact whenever people start talking "CC--something" I get sad because I'm stoopid about it. Is there any step-by-step to help me "draw" it? Now I did try to extend the notes in the editor but I wasn't sure if thats the same thing.

Mark

Which version of Cubase are you using? I can slap together a tutorial for you about entering midi parameters, if one isn't available already on the Garritan site.

Cubase SX, a program that I KNOW I should know more about, but often feel overwhelmed by, the PDF user's guide is 364 pages...
    I have searched the site for similar tutorials but really haven't found any...though thats not to say they aren't here in some form

Thanks!

No problem. I'll try to slap together a quick guide for midi controller entry for you if someone else doesn't get to it first.

Go Back to forum