• Register
  • Help

Topic: Virtual Interface - Kontact Player with DP4.12??? How do I access this?

Share/Bookmark

Question Virtual Interface - Kontact Player with DP4.12??? How do I access this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am writing on behalf of Dubaifox who has been such an enormous help by posting all sorts of threads with regards to constant unexpected quiting as I try to use the latest DP and GPO together to fulfill an orchestral commission. -

Sadly we have decided to cut our losses and returned back to DP4.12.

However.... another question in the early stages of having returned to the older version....
    How do I see the Virtual Instruments Kontact player upon initial loading of a session? I have 3 GPO instances but at the moment I do not have access in being able to turn up the MOD wheel or load instruments. I tried things like clicking on the GPO in the mixer and sequencer window with little success! With the latest DP verson it seems like you didn't need to go through this process as the Kontact player appeared immediately upon loading a the session!

Any clues?????
    Thank you so much to every one who were so generous with their time as they tried to assist us with some answers to the "Unvbelievable crashing" thread! We really have appreciated your insight and helpful tips!

Any ideas on the latest mystery?
    Any help would be so grately appreciated!
    Amanda

Re: Virtual Interface - Kontact Player with DP4.12??? How do I access this?

Hi Amanda,

I’m sorry you are having such problems with DP. I’m finding that DP 4.52 to be more stable than any version that I have used. I'll check the thread you mentioned. I think somehow, that I must have missed it.

Anyway, if I get what you are asking, you want to know how to open the Kontakt player in DP? If you already have GPO as a virtual instrument, but you just can't access the player, you get to it through the mixing board window. First open the mixing board (shift+m). Enable the track of the GPO instance you want by selecting it from the track list to the left of the window. You should now see the name "Garritan…" in pink at the top of the track’s strip. Double click on this name and the Kontakt player will appear. If this is not what you are asking, I’m sorry, I don’t think too well at 5:30 in the morning.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    First open the mixing board (shift+m). Enable the track of the GPO instance you want by selecting it from the track list to the left of the window. You should now see the name "Garritan…" in pink at the top of the track’s strip. Double click on this name and the Kontakt player will appear.
    This just does not work for me in 4.12. In fact, when I am loading the session, only a very minature box of the Garritan Instances appear, and no matter what I click on I can't get the Kontakt Interface to appear.

I think this is part of my greater problem with DP. It has been a nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------I try to use the latest DP and GPO together to fulfill an orchestral commission.
    By the latest version of dp, do you mean version 4.52? 4.5 and 4.51 had some bugs that have been fixed with 4.52. Have you dumped dp 4.52 off of your hard drive? I hope if you did, that you remembered to save your files to the dp 4.12 format. If you didn’t do this, this could be the cause of your problems. Open up your files in dp 4.52 and save them with the save as command to a v. 4.12 file. This might solve your problems of not seeing the Kontakt player.

Also have you checked the Unicorn Nation forum? While they don't have the diversity of wonderful characters that we do on this forum, There are many folks that really know the guts of the various versions of dp that participate, and they might be a big help in getting you going. If you try these things and you still are having problems, pm me and I'll do what I can to help you.

In my opinion dp 4.52 is the most powerful, flexible and user friendly DAW there is. There are many of us who are using dp 4.52 with great success. You should be one of us.

Karl

Go Back to forum