• Register
  • Help

Topic: FM7 Demo

Share/Bookmark

FM7 Demo

Hi.

This demo doesn't include any sample libraries, so if you think that it doesn't fit here just let me know and I'll remove it. I just wanted to post it here so I could get some feedback on it...

I made this song about a year ago, and it uses the FM7 synth only, except from the drums wich are soundfonts. It's kinda inspired by the music from "escape from New York", and "escape from L.A." by John Carpenter.

http://www.geocities.com/steinar_f/mp3/Plissken.mp3
    (right-click and Save as...)

I'll hope you like it...

-Ranietz-

Re: FM7 Demo

I liked it!! Excellent piece....good old FM.....Thanks Yamaha!!

Frank

I love electronica like this

Did you program a lot of the synth sounds yourself? Just wondering what Id have to do to make it sound like this.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Ranietz
    Hi.

This demo doesn't include any sample libraries, so if you think that it doesn't fit here just let me know and I'll remove it. I just wanted to post it here so I could get some feedback on it...

I made this song about a year ago, and it uses the FM7 synth only, except from the drums wich are soundfonts. It's kinda inspired by the music from "escape from New York", and "escape from L.A." by John Carpenter.

http://www.geocities.com/steinar_f/mp3/Plissken.mp3
    (right-click and Save as...)

I'll hope you like it...

-Ranietz-
    Very nice! The score for "Escape from N.Y" was actually done on a Prophet-5, and rumor tells that it's actually the same Prophet used for "Worra's Prophet", actually the first commercial samples I did.....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Very nice! The score for "Escape from N.Y" was actually done on a Prophet-5, and rumor tells that it's actually the same Prophet used for "Worra's Prophet", actually the first commercial samples I did.....
    My you've certainly been around for a pet pooch.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Always nice to hear that someone likes my music.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ed
    I love electronica like this

Did you program a lot of the synth sounds yourself? Just wondering what Id have to do to make it sound like this.

Ed
    When I made this song I had just bougth the FM7 so all the instruments are presets, except for one of the synths you can hear in the intro wich I added a "breathing" effect to...

-Ranietz-

Cool. Maybe I should redo the song with pro-53 and get even more of the "Escape from N.Y" feeling.

-Ranietz-

Quote Originally Posted by Ranietz
    Cool. Maybe I should redo the song with pro-53 and get even more of the "Escape from N.Y" feeling.

-Ranietz-
    Or maybe you should buy "Worra's Prophet" for $30 and use the original one....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Or maybe you should buy "Worra's Prophet" for $30 and use the original one....
    Hehe...

Go Back to forum