• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question when using GPO Plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Question when using GPO Plug-in

Hey guys,

I don't really have a problem, that's why I didn't post this in the technical issue thread, I just have a question.

When I use Cakewalk Home Studio 2 with the GPO studio, and I go into the piano roll view, down in the bottom left corner, I see a dropdown list of MIDI CC messages. The are each Labeled (ie Modulation, breath, foot pedal, etc)

Now when I use GPO as a Plugin, either VST or DXI, and I go into that same menu, all I have are CC0-whatever. No labels. Anyone know why this is and if there is a way to make Cakewalk show the labels. Not that it really matters, it's just a bit annoying! Oh well.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Question when using GPO Plug-in

I have that exact same problem with my version of Cakewalk.
    I know how you feel!
    Every plugin has their own list of lables, and apparently GPO doesn't have any. I have a General MIDI DXi and everything is labled much differently than regular GM, but it is very useful.
    I have never tried it, but maybe you could rename them?

Reguards,
    Chris

Johnny that is an old issue with Cakewalk. I use Sonar and ahve the same problem. You have to overtype the "0" with a "1" and then enter the midi data.

Also, I keep an empty track at the bottom with no plugins for reference to the sustain petal, mod wheel, and all that jazz.
    It's a pain, but it works.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Hey guys,

I don't really have a problem, that's why I didn't post this in the technical issue thread, I just have a question.

When I use Cakewalk Home Studio 2 with the GPO studio, and I go into the piano roll view, down in the bottom left corner, I see a dropdown list of MIDI CC messages. The are each Labeled (ie Modulation, breath, foot pedal, etc)

Now when I use GPO as a Plugin, either VST or DXI, and I go into that same menu, all I have are CC0-whatever. No labels. Anyone know why this is and if there is a way to make Cakewalk show the labels. Not that it really matters, it's just a bit annoying! Oh well.

Jonny
    Well, I have the problem with Sonar -- sometimes. I use the VST version. I have not been able to discover why it will or will not display properly. But that's the way it is. I guess it is time to start a log which will hopefully lead me to a solution, but it is not a serious problem to me yet.

Richard

Go Back to forum