• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free Hosting for your MP3s

Share/Bookmark

Free Hosting for your MP3s

I just ran across a hosting site for those who want to share demos but don't have the ability to do so.

http://www.ourmedia.org/

They say its's all for free with no catches

With this free service you can reportedly upload and share your videos, audio files, photos, text or software - for free. The Internet Archive is providing hosting and bandwidth for the files. May be worth checking out.

And, of course, our site will still provide hosting for anyone that wants to share a demo.

Gary Garritan

Re: Free Hosting for your MP3s

Cool,

Gary, Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure it will be put to use!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Well, so much for free stuff. This is what I got when trying to connect. Don't ya just love the gibberish?

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11) in /home/ourmedia/htdocs/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 31
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (11)

Will try again later,

Karl

I was able to sign up for an account and upload a piece. It hasn't posted yet (they say it can take 10 min or more before it's posted). I'll see how it goes. At least the user interface is easy to use. This is a well thought out site. Slow as molasses in January running uphill in the arctic, but it's free .

I have some new stuff I wanted to share with the groups, but with only geocities to upload it to, it was very difficult. Perhaps now I can finally post some of my work
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I just ran across a hosting site for those who want to share demos but don't have the ability to do so.

http://www.ourmedia.org/

They say its's all for free with no catches

With this free service you can reportedly upload and share your videos, audio files, photos, text or software - for free. The Internet Archive is providing hosting and bandwidth for the files. May be worth checking out.

And, of course, our site will still provide hosting for anyone that wants to share a demo.

Gary Garritan

Well, I checked out the site, read all the fine print till my trifocals melted. Fortunately, the Navy finally sent me a backup pair. It looks good to me, but I have not uploaded anything yet. I will test out that feature tomorrow, when I will probably upload an organ piece to OurMedia and the score of same to their Archives site.

Has anyone had any success with this yet (ourmedia).

Michael, I Did go in, register, and try to download your mp3 but either I was doing something wrong (quite possible) or somethings not quite right on thier end.

T.S.

Quote Originally Posted by mfortunato
    I was able to sign up for an account and upload a piece. It hasn't posted yet (they say it can take 10 min or more before it's posted). I'll see how it goes. At least the user interface is easy to use. This is a well thought out site. Slow as molasses in January running uphill in the arctic, but it's free .

I have some new stuff I wanted to share with the groups, but with only geocities to upload it to, it was very difficult. Perhaps now I can finally post some of my work
    Well, I tried to access your mp3. Message informs me that it will be available soon. Doesn't seem to match their expecations.

Richard

I just tried to check out some other listings. Nothing seems to be currently available, all have the same message, essentially "coming soon". There seems to be a rather small data base so far.
    Last edited by rwayland; 03-23-2005 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add info

Go Back to forum