• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RealGuitar VS Virtual Guitarist

Share/Bookmark

RealGuitar VS Virtual Guitarist

I was thinking about getting Virtual Guitarist but I see that EastWest is selling RealGuitar. Maybe a Virtual Guitarist user could check out RealGuitar and come up with a rough opinion about the two products.

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=BS-388

Re: RealGuitar VS Virtual Guitarist

I own both VGEE and Realguitar, and if VG is anything like VG electric,then I'd say RealGuitar is a much, much better choice. VG, as I know is just for rhythms, whereas with RG you have complete control over every string, strum, and fret. If your only looking for guitar rhythms, then you may want to consider VG, but RG is definately #1 for solo guitar and if you want full control over the playing. Plus, I think RG is cheaper.

Real Guitar is recorded better, and as exp. says, it's more flexible since you can play it. It's steel-string (6- and 12-string) only.

But much as I hate to admit it, I like Virtual Guitar's ability to produce an electric or acoustic part incredibly quickly - with the understanding that it only does cliché parts.

I use both for different things.

Yes, it's better have both.
    RG is like instrument itself, while VG is more like riffs played by instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Real Guitar is recorded better, and as exp. says, it's more flexible since you can play it. It's steel-string (6- and 12-string) only.

But much as I hate to admit it, I like Virtual Guitar's ability to produce an electric or acoustic part incredibly quickly - with the understanding that it only does cliché parts.

I use both for different things.
    I disagree with the "cliche' parts" statement. By interspersing the chugs, and different length chords as you will like, you have a lot of flexibility.

If you like. check out any of the top five pieces at:

www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness

I am not saying my playing/programming is the best, but VG EE offers more flexibility to create realistic heavy guitar parts than loops, IMHO.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I have both, and I find that I tend to use Real Guitar (RG) much more. Somebody mentioned that it only has steel string - it has nylon as well, picked and fingered - but it's definitely only acoustic guitars in this one. For what it's worth I find RG much more versatile, although it takes a little more work on your part. The results can be stunning though. I have also found that on a few occasions using VG and trying to trigger bank changes has caused the program to freeze on me while using it as a VSTi in Sonar 4.

Although VG is acoustic you can get some fantastic effects using Revalver, or better yet Amplitube. As a keyboardist (and NOT a guitarist) I appreciate the user friendly VG.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Duh!!!! I mean RG!! (Boy, I need some coffee)
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Thanks for the feed back. I am leaning towards RealGuitar because it seems to be more of an instrument you can play rather than riffs that I would have to sync to. I never use a metronome. I use to play the guitar so I know what I want to hear. I just want to make sure you can create a good up and down rhythm sound with it. This is what I can't do with SampleTank2 guitars.

if you want strumming take a serious look at the Dreadnought Acoustic Strummer by Audio Warrior.....it is a reason refill....but it is strikingly playable.

Go Back to forum