• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Help with weird playback issue

Share/Bookmark

OT: Help with weird playback issue

Howdy all!

For some reason, whenever I download a demo for a library (or play any MP3 clip for that matter), the playback is fast! It sounds like Alvin & the Chipmunks have taken over my system!

I've never heard of this happening and can't find any way of adjusting the playback speed. This happens no matter what interface I use, even the dedicated playback engines from Ilio's website, for example.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Re: OT: Help with weird playback issue

Try loading the MP3 into Vegas, or your sequencer or something that uses an advanced (24-bit, ASIO, whatever) driver. It will probably play correctly.

It may be that the clock for your soundcard is locked at 96 kHz somewhere. Either that, or your legacy 16-bit audio driver got munched.

I don't know exactly where you should look for the problem/solution, but maybe these hints will help you find it.

All the best,

-JF

Re: OT: Help with weird playback issue

Thanks, gents! I updated the driver and that did the trick.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Go Back to forum