• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bela Diva and Basic Legato Tool

Share/Bookmark

Bela Diva and Basic Legato Tool

Do most people use the legato tool when they use Bela Diva? Do people use the method of outputting Maple to your sequencer (which is the way I should probably do it to use it in the sfz+ gig beta (which is a DXi). (I use Sonar)

Since I can get sfz+ to play the Diva libraries, is the "outputing Maple to sequencer" method the one I should use? On the other hand, are most people just using it without the basic legato tool.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Bela Diva and Basic Legato Tool

Have you read the manual?

Unfortunately, the creator of the basic legato tool is no longer in contact with us. He would be the best person to speak to about your particular situation. You may also try posting on the Bela D forum… guaranteed to find a DIVA user there.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Have you read the manual?

Unfortunately, the creator of the basic legato tool is no longer in contact with us. He would be the best person to speak to about your particular situation. You may also try posting on the Bela D forum… guaranteed to find a DIVA user there.
    Well, I read the pdf files that came with the Diva libraries and I printed out and read the help files for the maple tool.

That is a good idea to post on the Bela Diva website.

Do you use the legato tool? I can probably get more than enough out of the library without it, but I am trying to figure out how to use it.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I don't currently use the tool - my studio is in the process of being upgraded - so I'm not currently able to use anything...

The PDF manual comes with the legato tool when you unrar the lagato tool package. Take a look at that - don't forget you need to use the sustain pedal to activate it.

Hopefully Jeff could chime in here - or the manual should answer your questions.

Sorry I can't be of any more help - trying to figure out this studio madness before I can test anything out.

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    I don't currently use the tool - my studio is in the process of being upgraded - so I'm not currently able to use anything...

The PDF manual comes with the legato tool when you unrar the lagato tool package. Take a look at that - don't forget you need to use the sustain pedal to activate it.

Hopefully Jeff could chime in here - or the manual should answer your questions.

Sorry I can't be of any more help - trying to figure out this studio madness before I can test anything out.
    Well, I think I am looking at everything, but manuals only go so far, anyway. I appreciate you responding. I also posted a survey on the Bela Diva site.

I am curious to see how people are using it. I am also in a sort of weird position because I am using it in the sfz+ giga beta.

I also am trying to figure out the key switches. Are they implemented in the current version?

jeffn1

Last I heard frank was working with sfz+ and creating a Diva version with the developer of sfz+.

20 Things

Go Back to forum