• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyone running Kontakt 2 yet?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone running Kontakt 2 yet?

Is anyone using it in their setups yet? I have it on order but am wondering about its stability.

I noticed that it ships with some new content as well;

KONTAKT 2 includes a comprehensive sample library overflowing with top-quality instruments: a selection of orchestra instruments taken from the exceptional Vienna Symphonic Library, an excellent grand piano, authentic electric pianos, acoustic instruments, electronic as well as acoustic drum kits, drum and instrument loops and a whole lot more. Furthermore, the library also contains several instruments that make specific use of the revolutionary KONTAKT Script processor. For example, guitar and orchestra instruments that emulate particular playing styles with unprecedented precision.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Re: Anyone running Kontakt 2 yet?

Scott,

I assume you must be asking if there are beta-testers using Kontakt 2?

The NI Website states: "Release is planned for the end of March 2005."

Hi Martin, actually I didnt realise that. I ordered my copy and they said Id get it next week... weird.

I thought it was already out. I guess Im getting mine at the end of the month like everyone esle.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Hey Scott,

I didn't know we received all those new instrument goodies with Kontakt2. Thanks for the info. Looks like you'll have to take the lead on being one of the first users.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Hi Martin, actually I didnt realise that. I ordered my copy and they said Id get it next week... weird.

I thought it was already out. I guess Im getting mine at the end of the month like everyone esle.
    I thought the same thing. I ordered NI "Komplete Care" which supposedly has the updates to Absynth 3, Battery 2 and Kontakt 2. They said I'd get it last week. Then this week. Guess not!

- Mike

Looks like we're the test subjects then.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Scott, most times beta members cannot say they are beta members or comment on direct questions in threads like this. I'm sure Kontakt will be just awesome when it hits the public.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Does anyone know whether the included VSL sounds are the same ones from the Giugastudio Orchestra bundle library? I'm interested in upgrading from Kontakt 1.53 to 2.0 but part of this hinges on new(er) VSL and other libs on the accompany discs...sounds shallow (or cheap) but hey, that's me.

I've asked over that VSL and no one has commented.

I'm also in line with my Komplete Care. As I don't actually have to pay for the K2 (even if K2 was the main thing why I ordered the Komplete Care) I'm eagerly waiting for the less sexy things that really matter to me at this point. More instruments in one instance should mean more free memory for the instruments and I hope that there are other improvements in efficiency and overall usability. My hopes are high for the new directory handling as I spend too much time opening and closing directory trees. I don't complain if K2 includes great convolution impulses or if the script language makes my life with huge libraries easier but those things seem trivial at this point.

I too have Komplete Kare, as soon as I get my hands on Kontakt2, I'll let you know exactly what it came with

Go Back to forum