• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pitch Problems With Gigastudio 3 (via Rewire), Gigastudio plays an octave higher

Share/Bookmark

Pitch Problems With Gigastudio 3 (via Rewire), Gigastudio plays an octave higher

I just purchased GigaStudio 3 Orchestra and I have installed Gigastudio on the same computer that I have my Samplitude 8.1 on. When I start a new VIP in Samplitude 8.1 at 96KA (24 bit) and I bring up GigaStudio 3 and load my sample. The sample plays find, except it is 1 octave up from the way the sample plays in GigaStudio's Stand Alone Mode. I get the same result weather I record a new MIDI track or import a MIDI track with GigaStudio 3. I have set GigaStudio to 96K (24 bit) to match my settings in Samplitude 8.1, but I always get the same result, My Gigastudio sample is an Octave higher. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Intel 3.2 GHz
    2 GB of Memory
    Windows XP Professional, SP2
    Primary Hard Drive 250 GB
    Secondary Hard Drive 400 GB
    RME Hammerfall DSP 9632

Thanks for your time in this matter.

Wade

Re: Pitch Problems With Gigastudio 3 (via Rewire), Gigastudio plays an octave higher

almost definitely a sample rate mismatch: your sound card, gigastudio, and samplitude; or possibly an external clock signal?. Try to get gigastudio and the sound card working correctly first, perhaps, since samp seems pretty good at accepting the settings used by the others.

Re: Pitch Problems With Gigastudio 3 (via Rewire), Gigastudio plays an octave higher

You might check whether your sequencer is mapped to transpose incoming midi up an octave.

Guys thanks for the sound advice. So far Gigastudio works fine for me in the stand alone mode. The samples play at the correct octave and pitch. But I am still scratching my head about ReWire mode. In Samplitude I use the same settings (96K, 24-bit) with GigaStudio, that I use with Reason 2.5. Maybe I should take a closer look at my Reason settings.

Thank You for your advice.

Wade

Hi!
    In FINALE there is a setting where you decide if Middle "C" is C3, C4 or whatever.
    In SONAR there is one called "Base Octave For Pitches"
    Maybe there is one in Samp or GS3?

Hope this helps.
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

I have the same problem... Did you end up finding a solution for this issue?

You say you have this problem in Rewire mode with GS3 AND Samplitude, and that GS3 Works fine in standalone mode. Does that mean the same setup with Samplitude, only using gsif, not Rewire? I've found Rewire to be a bit finnicky about some stuff to do with clocks and sync etc. Try experimenting with the order in which you open the different applications.

Best of luck,
    Belbin

By the way, it's definately not a MIDI transpose issue or something. Playback is faster/higher pitched if the clock in sonar 4 is set to higher values. E.g. 88khz in S4 causes twice the playback speed in GS3, 176khz causes 4 times the playback speed in GS3.

I'm not sure whether the problem lies with Sonar 4 or with Gigastudio 3.

Post Re: Pitch Problems With Gigastudio 3 (via Rewire), Gigastudio plays an octave higher

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    You say you have this problem in Rewire mode with GS3 AND Samplitude, and that GS3 Works fine in standalone mode. Does that mean the same setup with Samplitude, only using gsif, not Rewire? I've found Rewire to be a bit finnicky about some stuff to do with clocks and sync etc. Try experimenting with the order in which you open the different applications.

Best of luck,
    Belbin
    I am still having the same problem with Gigastudio and Samplitude. But I have found a work around. Once I open Samplitude 8.11 and start a new MIDI object, I drop the sample an octave with Coarse Tuning in Gigastudio and the sample now sounds the same as it would in Gigastudio's stand alone mode.

I have tried opening Samplitude through Gigastudio, via rewire, but I get the same pitch problems and revert to my quick fix.

Hopefully the problem will be resolved by the release of Samplitude 8.2 or Gigastudio 3.1.

Wade

Go Back to forum