• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga-Teleport/MOL

Share/Bookmark

Giga-Teleport/MOL

A few dumb questions for those experienced in the ways of networking:

1-In a two computer setup (G3--Gigabit LAN -- Sonar), which would have better latency, a straight MOL hookup or Giga -Teleport?

2-Giga-teleport sends back multiple audio streams to the DAW, correct?

3-Does Giga-teleport play well with performance instruments? And is it pretty stable?

4-In posts about this topic, I read mentions about ability to send patch changes. (Here's the really dumb question.) I thought you can't really change a patch in G3. No?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Giga-Teleport/MOL

4) Yes you can send patch/Bank changes. It's kantakt that hasn't supported this in the past.

Patch changes work. Make sure you're running GS3.04. In earlier versions if you did a patch change with a note playing, you would get a hanging note.

-JF

1. Probably MoL, but that's caused by the fact that you're not sending the audio back over the network. The latency you're able to get with Teleport is still VERY usable. I use it all the time for the connection to my Giga machines.

2. Yes, as many as you configure it to send up to 32 stereo if my memory serves me. With a Gb network you shouldn't have any problems sending a few and still keep the latency down.

3. Yes, it works fine. There was a bug that caused the external midi port option to not work correctly on port 2-8, but that problem is solved now. I don't think the patch is out yet... I'm using FXTeleport with GVA, but I guess you will have the same problem with GigaTeleport.

4. Already answered by Bill and Jon.

/Mattias

Smile Re: Giga-Teleport/MOL

Thanks lots. Peter.

I'm using GVA and FXTeleport on 2 machines (into my Nuendo3 DAW) streaming 32 stereo channels into Nuendo with about 4-5 msecs latency. I love it...

Quote Originally Posted by beatpete
    streaming 32 stereo channels into Nuendo with about 4-5 msecs latency. I love it...

What kind of monster machines are you running?

Greetings Resident.

I'm using GVA and FXTeleport on 2 machines (into my Nuendo3 DAW) streaming 32 stereo channels into Nuendo with about 4-5 msecs latency. I love it...
    This is ideal...

I second Resident’s question.

What are your CPUs ?

Are your channels 16 or 32 bit ?

Just reading posts...it seems like most people use FXTeleport/GVA, not GigaTeleport. Other than being able to use other VSTs...are there other advantages that make it the way to go?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMR
    Just reading posts...it seems like most people use FXTeleport/GVA, not GigaTeleport. Other than being able to use other VSTs...are there other advantages that make it the way to go?
    The thing is, if you want to teleport other things as well as Giga then you have to do it this way as apparently GigaTeleport and FXTeleport do not work well together due to a bug in the programming.

Daryl

Go Back to forum