• Register
  • Help

Topic: How many of you use Gigastudio 3 with System Link...

Share/Bookmark

How many of you use Gigastudio 3 with System Link...

...on a separate PC, in Rewire of course.

You use V-Stack or another host ?

I’m curious about the latency...

Regards.

Re: How many of you use Gigastudio 3 with System Link...

If you use V-stack the latency will double that of your separate soundcards.

Hi Resident,

You mean that the ‘Gsif soundcard + MoL’ solution is twice faster than an ‘Asio soundcard + V-Stack’ ?

The VSL2020 (with V-Stack bundled) which is specially designed for System Link announces a 32 samples latency (1ms).

It’s less than my RME 9652 (64 samples ‘only’ )...

That is correct! This is the negative side of V-stack. Another minus point is that you are able to connect the audio via Rewire but you are not able to play GS midi via V-stack (this is only for GS). The Rewire mode in Vstack is only meant to run other apps in sync like (Ableton live, or Acid etc. beside the VSTi's) Go for MidioverLan! And use V-stack only for VSTi's!
    By the way the double latency will only appear when you try to syncronize over SPDIF or other digital connections. Otherwise it will run like a sequencer does. So if you want a systemlink connection you need to syncronize with digital audio connection and that means double latency! You can ofcourse use VStack as standalone and that means single latency!

Another minus point is that you are able to connect the audio via Rewire but you are not able to play GS midi via V-stack (this is only for GS). The Rewire mode in Vstack is only meant to run other apps in sync like (Ableton live, or Acid etc. beside the VSTi's)
    Good to know...

As V-Stack needs a good sound card, that all good sound cards are now Gsif, and that I only use GS alone without other VSTIs on the same machine, I don’t see the advantage of V-Stack with GS, except maybe to add some FX plugs...

Ahrr... If I could use Giga-Teleport well... I wouldn’t be in that situation...

You can use Vstack to run VSTi's and use the ASIO driver. At the same machine you can run GS simultaneously with the GSIF driver! Be carefull to buy a soundcard wich can use both drivers at the same time, i use Audiophile 2496!

Another possiblity is to use Cubase on your second machine, here you can run both Rewire audio and Rewire channels will show up in cubase to play midi.

Ofcourse a very expensive solution.

Go Back to forum